𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

"Do you like Taiju?" Hakkai blurted out.

"Huh?" You're baffled by what Hakkai has just said to you.

Even Yuzuha was surprised, exclaiming "Hakkai why would you ask Y/N-san like that?"

Hakkai simply rubs the back of his neck, hesitant to answer. "I don't know. It simply crossed my thoughts. I'm sorry, Y/N-san."

"It's alright, it was simply a mistake," you say, but what Hakkai said bothers you.

'I'm only trying to befriend him; I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. All I need is some information about him. I'll be more careful the next time.'

"Ah, Yuzuha, you said you wanted to ask something."

"Well... how did you two meet? When and how?" Yuzuha is curious since she is very familiar with her brother.

'No one can befriend him easily, and he's cruel to everyone around him. And how could Y/N-san know him? She even had his phone number. Maybe he actually changed? '

You have no idea how to respond to Yuzuha's query. You want to tell them everything, starting from the chapel. They'll be skeptical if you tell them you found Taiju kneeling at the chapel's entrance even though you're blind. You can't even tell them about the mission, and you don't want to keep it a secret and lie to them.

"I honestly can not tell. I'm sorry if I can't tell you anything; I hope that you understand."

In the end, you can't just lie to them.

Yuzuha and Hakkai were eager to know everything.

But seeing you in that manner. They realize that you can't tell them everything right now, and they will patiently await your response.

"That's alright, we understand, we can wait," Hakkai says as he taps your shoulder.

"Really? You understand?" Yuzuha mocks.

"He didn't threaten you to keep it a secret?" Hakkai sounded serious this time.

"Threaten?"

You even recall Taiju asking you to a brawl. You stifle a laugh.

"No, he didn't."

This time Yuzuha asked, "He's terrifying, right?"

You nodded to her.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As you approach closer to your apartment complex, you wave farewell to Yuzuha and Hakkai. You've told them they don't have to accompany you to the complex, and you've also got Shiba.

So you rush to your flat after receiving word that someone is looking for you.

"Someone is waiting for you outside," said the message Yuzuha read from Taiju.

You have no idea who that person is. But all you want to do is go over there. It must be related to your mission.

Shiba barks unexpectedly. Someone, as expected, is waiting for you.

"Can we discuss inside, Y/N?" said the unfamiliar voice.

You ask her, "Are you among the people of Mr. White?"

"People? No... White did not order me to come here; I got here on my own."

You have no idea why that person didn't address Mr. White's name formally.

"Do you even realize what the consequences are if you just come here to chat to me and interfere with Mr. White's job?"

"Why would I be frightened of him? I know his powers are greater, but when compared to my status, he's completely hopeless," she smirks after bragging.