𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

In the skies

"You dare to meddle with my job, huh?" Mr. White addressed the newcomer, Mrs. Light.

Mrs. Light crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at him, "You will kill me for what I've done? Go on, do it right now."

"I can't do it; perhaps you'll show up in my dream as a nightmare, sister."

Mrs. Light chuckled, "Does it have anything to do with their past life?"

"Yes."

"Do you genuinely enjoy suffering? You're also carrying out that mission to help them meet."

"I mean, for fun, of course."

"You heartless jerk, you even presented her with a bogus contract stating that if her mission fails, her sister will die."

"I'm sorry, but at least she's back to life."

"That is something you don't have to touch! Y/N is supposed to die, but because you changed it, we can't do anything about it; she can't be alive and see him again!" Mrs. Light exclaims furiously.

"I enjoy games, and their fates may be changed; nothing will-"

"You were sentenced to two years in prison for what you did, and Judge will go after them soon."

"That's what she regrets about her past life, and she vows to do something about it so they can share a happy life together once more."

"..."

"I understand you want them to meet again."

"But... they will experience the same fate, nothing can be changed."

▬▬▬▬▬

"Y/N-san, there is one remaining piece of cake, you should finish it," Yuzuha said, as she is washing the plates they used to eat the cake.

"I'll hand it on to your brother."

"Oh..." Yuzuha pursed her lips into a smile.

"I'm not a fan of chocolate."

"If you don't want to eat it, then give it to me," Hakkai commanded.

"No, this is for your brother," you remarked, as you took the piece of chocolate cake away from Hakkai.

After 30 minutes, the two siblings left for home, and you are now in front of Taiju's apartment door. Carrying a container with a slice of cake inside that you intend to give to Taiju. You ring the doorbell and wait for Taiju. You were unsure as to whether he was currently at home.

The door opens unexpectedly, and you are startled by the sound. Because he has been trying to avoid you for the past week every time you ring his doorbell even though he is at home. But now that he opens the door, it appears that he is not now trying to avoid you.

Because of that, you grinned broadly.

"Stop smiling, you look hideous with it," the first thing he said to you that made you scowl.

"I'm grateful to be blind because I don't have to see your nasty face too."

Taiju clicked his tongue and noticed that you were holding a container.

"What the fuck is that?"

"You don't know what a container is?" you poke fun at him.

"Inside of it!" he's annoyed by what you have said.

"A piece of chocolate cake," you say, extending the arm that is holding the container.

To your surprise, he takes the container from you.