𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"You're unbelievable, a movie date is a good suggestion, are you a dating expert?" you questioned him, as you relaxedly sat on Taiju's sofa. You are in his apartment, where the two of you are going to watch a movie.

Taiju landed on the sofa next to you and said, "Girls would obviously stay away from me and a person like me can't be in a normal relationship," with that, he handed you a bowl with popcorn in it.

"Nobody has a normal relationship. I remember having a decent boyfriend, but I ended our relationship when he suddenly changed."

"You have no luck with men."

"Says the one who doesn't even get one lover," you chuckled and were about to eat the popcorn but Taiju gave you a hard flick to the forehead, causing you to wince in pain. 

"What?" you ask, massaging your temple.

"Don't eat yet, let's eat together after I adjust the TV," Taiju said as he was adjusting the TV.

"What are we going to watch?"

"The Godfather"

"Oh, that's Hakkai's favorite. I haven't watched it, but Hakkai talks about it a lot."

Taiju remained silent as he continued to do his thing on the TV.

"How can you be able to enjoy if you can't fucking see?" Taiju broke the awkward silence by questioning.

"You can explain it to me."

"What a bother," Taiju grumbled.

Taiju stops controlling the TV because he notices you are acting strangely as you move your hand while searching for something on him and touch his arm. Your hand creeps up into his face, pinching his ears as you do so.

"Don't complain, you're the one suggesting that," you pull his ear, causing his head to tilt.

Taiju grabbed your wrist and pulled your hand away from his ear, "That isn't even painful."

.....

Taiju was too preoccupied with watching and explaining the movie to you to notice that you were starting to nod off. You try to force yourself to stay awake but fail as your head rests on his shoulder. Taiju loses focus and turns his attention to you.

"It almost ends, don't sleep yet," Taiju pushed your head away from his shoulder, which slightly woke you up.

"I want to sleep..." you rest your head on his shoulder once more.

"Then go home if you want to sleep!"

"Let me simply sleep for a little, you know that waiting for you makes me tired..."

Taiju is serene as he looks at your face. He is surprised to see you open your eyes for the first time because he has only ever seen you close them. However, this time, he notices that you look a little different. He can see your E/C eyes, yet something is empty from your eyes. It was emotionless and lacked any sort of expression.

"Why did you even bother to wait for me? You should have gone home."

"I want to finish this—I can't wait," Taiju is puzzled by what you said.

"You want to end this date?"

"I wish I met you earlier," Taiju couldn't follow what you were mumbling about. Yet, he can sense the sadness in your tone. He has no idea what's behind your unexpected emotional outburst.

"You would despise the two years me if you met me, even with those nasty scars."

"If you hadn't changed, I still would have despised you."

You have said something that has suddenly made Taiju feel uncomfortable. He is unable to understand what is going through your mind right now.

"Considering what I've done in the past, who wouldn't hate me?"

"Your siblings are nice people, they can forgive you someday, despite what you have done to them... and you still have room to change. Mitsuya even entrusted you to carry Mana, he knows it too, and I am too. I want to bring change to you, even after meeting you," you closed your eyes.

'All of it was a lie... I didn't intend to change you, but for the sake of this mission...'

"Mitsuya is a decent man and a great brother."

"I'm envious of him, I wish I had more time to spend with my sister."

"You had a sister?" asked Taiju, who was stunned to hear about it.

"Yes, a very loving sister, and I want to see her soon, so I must complete this..."

"You're confusing me, woman; this is only a date."

"Just stay confused..." you now fell asleep and hugged his arms, causing Taiju to flinch in surprise.

"Go home! Don't cling to me!" Taiju nudges you and his elbow accidentally brushes something soft. As soon as he felt that soft thing brushing his arms, his face started to heat up.

Taiju sighed deeply as he cocked his head back and covered his face with the other hand. When you snuggle him tighter, he gets numb and is incapable of moving his body. He takes his hand off his face and turns to look at you.

'She's peaceful when she's sleeping. This is better than the annoying witch-hag I always have to see.'

Taiju slowly released his hold on you and got up from his seat, and your body collapsed onto the sofa.

"How could she not fucking wake up from that drop? What a sleepy head," Taiju exclaimed as he turned off the television and formed a bed out of the sofa, and heading to his room to get a blanket and one long pillow.

"A throw pillow is not enough for that woman; she seems like someone who needs a pillow to cuddle," Taiju muttered as he carried the pillow and blanket into the living room. When he gets there, he throws it to you.

Taiju's assumption is correct since you didn't wake up from that toss, "This woman..."

He sat down next to you on the sofa and made sure you were in a comfortable sleeping position by placing the throw pillow under your head, wrapping your arms into the long pillow, and finally placing the blanket over the top of you. He is only staring at you right now since he has nothing else to do.

"You're really something, you unexpectedly showed up. I don't know how much longer you're going to annoy me. But I felt somewhat happy when you were around me. I don't feel lonely at all, even though you are bothersome. I'm even surprised that you like someone like me; it is possible to believe you, but, you truly are a crazy person," suddenly, Taiju smiled.

"Fuck," he gets up upon realizing what he is doing.

"That was just so damn gross, I can't believe I really smiled when she was asleep!" Taiju glances at you for the last time.

"Damn you, woman, you're scaring me."

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃