𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

It's been a week since you started looking for a part-time job.  You don't want to rely on the money Mr. White has given you. You no longer need his help and must earn a living for yourself.

Because of your condition, you were turned down for most of the jobs you applied for.

You're locking the door to your apartment because you're going to look for work today, and you're hoping you'll be lucky this time.

"Hello, Y/N! You've been busy lately? What's going on?" your soon-to-be ex-neighbor said. She hasn't been moving out. Perhaps she has some business to do before leaving.

"I'm only looking for a part-time job."

"You're looking for a part-time job? I've got a spot for you!"

"Really? Could you tell me where?"

"You know, I'm going to go there; I'm having my farewell party at the café right now! You're lucky because they're looking for new staff."

"Yeah, I'm lucky," you say, knowing that fate will not give you anything to make you happy right now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Boss, you're recruiting a part-timer, right?"

You're now with your neighbor in the café she's referring to.

"Ah, yes, why did you ask for that?" It's a female voice, and it appears that the owner of this café is a woman.

"I have a recommendation."

She then introduces you to her boss, and it appears that you and the boss are having an interview. It's not a serious interview; it's more like a casual talk between the two of you. The boss seems to be a laid-back person. She enjoys cracking jokes.

"Do you have a dog? What breed and what is its name?" This might be her final question to you.

"Yes, he's a Shiba Inu, and his name is Shiba," you heard her laugh.

"Dear, did you name your dog after its breed? You're unique, I like you," she says, tapping one of your shoulders.

"You're hired!" she said, leaving you dumbfounded.

You point to yourself and are still confused as to why she hired you right away.

"Yeah, you heard her. You got the job!" your neighbor said gleefully.

But you were still confused.

'Is this how things are?'

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You and your neighbor are heading home from the farewell party. You also join them since your boss insists on it. After all, you are now a part of the team.

She also stated that you must begin working the next day and bring Shiba with you. You have a full 8-hour work day, a 9 AM to 5 PM job, but you only work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

You don't mind working days because you are available at any time.

And you're still not sure why the owner hires you despite your condition. You just mentioned that you enjoy baking and brewing coffee. But she added, "You can still learn and develop! I know you can do it!" She makes it sound simple.

"Y/N, I'm leaving tomorrow, and I'm happy to have you join my farewell party; you're also lucky to have a job already, and I'm delighted to walk home with you."

You are friendly with some of your neighbors, but she is the closest to you. You were saddened that she would be leaving now.

"It's unfortunate that I can't have you as a neighbor right now."