𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Two years later...

'This time, I expect Mr. White to visit me soon.'

You've been engaged with some people you met who had family issues for the past two years. Some you can tackle quickly, while others are difficult. But you're not sure if one of the people you've met is the target specified by Mr. White.

'I'm confident I'll succeed this time, and I can go home now. I will try my best to get along with our stepmother and stepbrother, and I can be with Ayumi.'

You start to look forward to going back. However, you will miss everyone you've met. Even though you have only known them for a short time, you have wonderful memories of them.

'What will happen to them when I disappear? Maybe I should let them know that I'm about to leave. And when I'm back in my body, I'll go see them and introduce Ayumi to them. It would be a wonderful idea!'

As you joyously thought and smiled like a lunatic, both of your hands touched your cheeks.

Hakkai laughed, "Y/N-san, what are you smiling at? You look silly."

You grab the throw pillow next to you and hurl it over to where Hakkai is.

You remarked, "Whose stupid? I'm pretty to be considered stupid."

"Ah, you missed it."

Mitsuya responds, "Yeah, she missed it."

"Hm... absolutely missed," Yuzuha added.

"Hey, don't make fun of me!"

Yuzuha sat next to you and hugged you while they all laughed at you.

"Sorry, Y/N-san. We just love you hehe. I'll buy you crepes later."

"Where are you going this time?" you asked.

"I'm going with Hakkai, we're just going bowling," she said.

"Be careful. Many gangs are insane these days; gangs are scary. Well, except for Toman."

"Well, you're also scary when you're angry," Mitsuya pointed out.

"No, I'm not scary," you said flatly.

Again, they all laughed.

"Ugh, here we go again," you grumbled.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You seemed to observe that Hakkai was preoccupied for a few days. Something troubling him. You haven't heard anything from Yuzuha yet. There must be something going on, and you are concerned.

'Did Yuzuha and Hakkai have a fight? I'm wondering what happened to them. They make me nervous.' You exhaled heavily. 

You have nothing to do at the moment. You've been staying at home for the past few weeks. Moreover, you have no activity from your volunteer work.

"All right, let's go for a walk." You get up from your seat and get ready.

You were ready to open your door when you heard a whine outside. You open it right away.

'I think it's a dog.'

You knelt down slightly. You extend one arm forward, and the dog comes into your arms, as expected, it's a dog.

'Fluffy.'

"Hello, dog, what business do you have here?" You have no idea why a dog is standing in front of your door, and you're a cat person.

The dog simply barks at you.

"What will I do to you?" You have no idea what to do with the dog. And it appears that the dog would like to spend some time with you.

"Y/N, you got a dog?" You turned your head directly to your neighbor.

"No, it's not mine. The dog is already in front of my door."

The neighbor approaches you and notices a letter on the floor next to the dog.

"There's a letter here; I'll read it to you."

You nod in response.

"Dear, Y/N. It's been a while. I've got this handsome Shiba Inu for you, take care of him with loads of love. From, Secret Admirer."

The last part of the letter makes your neighbor giggle.

You rose in embarrassment and attempted to keep from exploding in wrath.

'What a jerk! He purposefully did it!'

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You're at home with Shiba on Christmas Day. You've given the dog that name. How creative of you. Shiba is in your care, and he's a good dog who's also intelligent. He accompanied you everywhere you go, and he knows all the routes to every location you've visited.

You're getting ready to visit Luna and Mana with Shiba so they can see him. Shiba is quite popular with them. They invited you to join them in celebrating Christmas, so you may expect to meet Hakkai and Yuzuha.

You and Shiba are walking down the street. You wish you could see the lovely white snow falling from the dark sky.

Shiba abruptly stops walking, and you do as well.

"What's the matter, Shiba?"

A fierce chilly wind blows through you. You're starting to shiver.

"Y/N, open your eyes," said a familiar voice.

You slowly open your eyes. You can see colors. You see white snow, Shiba, and Mr. White in front of you. You can see everything.

"Mr. White!" you exclaimed joyfully.

He smiled quickly at you before becoming serious. You've become intrigued, and the atmosphere appears to be heavy right now.

"It's been a while, Y/N. I have something to talk to you about, but I'm not sure where to start." You're getting nervous now.

"Just say what you have to say." You know something is wrong, your hands shiver, not from cold, but nervousness.

"You failed your mission; you were so close to your target, and then an individual suddenly appeared out of nowhere and completed your supposed mission; I'm sorry to say this."

You have no idea who is to blame. Is it the stranger who interrupts, Mr. White who refuses to provide information, or your cluelessness?

"So, I have to die, right? I don't think I have any purpose here anymore, and Ayumi will just accept my death." You couldn't even look at Mr. White.

"I admire your selfishness right now," he said with a smile.

"Well, I'm not wrong; I don't have a purpose now; I just keep living to solve a damn family problem."

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃