𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

While you wait for his response, your heart beat quickly and couldn't stop racing; it is rapidly beating as you wait for him to speak. You assume there is no one you have told about your true name, that you are always safe under the new identity Mr. White has given for you, but it is the first time you have heard your last name after two years of concealing, and Taiju is the one who discovered it.

'Nobody should know who I really am, so how is it possible?'

"On the nightstand, I found a diary with your name in it."

'Right, I had my diary there-what the heck, he saw it!'

You yell, "You!" and point at him, "Did you read it?"

You're worrying now because the diary contains all the treasured memories you've collected over the past two years of your stay and details of your mission, even though you are unable to read it. You can read the diary as soon as you return.

"Of course not, why would I snoop about in someone else's personal space?"

You sighed in relief, "I'm glad."

"I believed it was full of your romantic fantasies, so I didn't dare to read that girly design cover."

"Mana chose it for me, and why would I write a romantic fantasy about you?" you grumbled.

"I didn't mention it was about me," Taiju laughed amusingly when he noticed your cheeks flush red with shame.

You muttered, "You asshole," and strode off to go back to your apartment.

Even if Taiju is left there, he still finds it hilarious that you feel humiliated and resentful of him.

"So that woman's name is Watanabe Y/N."

.....

Hakkai is dozing off on the couch while you and Yuzuha are at the dining table sitting across the dining table and having a girl talk.

"It's March already, are you going to Osaka this week?" Yuzuha questioned.

"It's been two years and I haven't had the chance to go there, so maybe on the weekend? There are things I would like to see there."

"Are your relatives not concerned about you? They didn't even come here to see you."

"There's no need to..."

You've decided to pay a visit to the graves of both of your mothers. It has been a long since you have traveled, and this will be your first visit to your hometown in two years.

"Y/N-san, about earlier... How is Taiju with you?"

"He's been annoying lately..." and a flashback from earlier comes through your mind, turning you red with humiliation.

'That jerk...'

"What's the matter?" Yuzuha asked when she noticed that you were acting strangely.

"Your brother is so obnoxious that he simply crossed my head right now," you grin.

Although Yuzuha is simply smiling at you, she is troubled by something as she takes in everything that has happened today.

"Y/N-san, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, go ahead..."

"I know you like Taiju, but do you consider yourself to be in a relationship with him?"

Your jaw dropped open in disbelief as she asked that question. Something like that coming out of her mouth was not what you imagined.

'I've lately been misunderstood.'