𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"I like you."

You spoke up confidently.

Taiju was startled by what you said, and even more surprised to see his two siblings standing behind you, their jaws hanging after witnessing and hearing your confession. Taiju wonders why his siblings are with you.

"What?" He wonders if he's hearing correctly what you've said. In anticipation of your answer, he started to feel anxious and his face started to feel the heat.

"I like you," you said again, blushing with embarrassment.

"I can't hear you." You blush even more because you assume he is teasing you into confessing again. It makes you feel even more embarrassed to realize that Yuzuha and Hakkai were listening to what you said to Taiju from behind you.

Taiju is also eyeing you closely as he waits for you to confess once more while enjoying the simple act of teasing by simply watching you blushing.

Yuzuha and Hakkai were confused as to why Taiju made you repeat your confession after hearing it twice. They suspect Taiju is making fun of you because, in their perspective, he looks to be bullying a little kid.

"I've said it twice! How come you can't hear?"

"I can hear it, but I didn't hear it properly."

"Aw, you're so young for having a hearing loss, you're not even that old to have hearing loss."

"What?!?" He's furious about what you've said.

"Oh my... you definitely have a problem with your hearing, I feel sorry for you," you said mockingly.

Yuzuha whispered to Hakkai, "Look how the table turns." 

Hakkai simply nodded.

He flicked you on the brow, causing you to wince in pain.

"It hurts so bad if you do that, stop doing it."

You receive no answer from Taiju because he has already left.

"What happened?" you questioned.

"He left," Yuzuha explained.

"He's avoiding me again."

▬▬▬▬▬

You went to your flat with the two siblings to spend some time there after your shift ended.

You asked them, "So, he's your brother?"

"Yes, he's our older brother," Yuzuha confirmed.

"Older..." your voice trails off, your hand resting on your chin.

'His siblings are Yuzuha and Hakkai, and I was sent on a mission in the past to deal with a family problem, and the family is... the Shiba siblings.'

You slap your face unexpectedly, which surprises the two siblings.

'Damn, I'm so stupid... they are my target and even extremely close to me, but I still fail in my task. What exactly is their problem, though? They never once mentioned having a brother as well.'

You are still perplexed and find it hard to believe that they are siblings. "I'm surprised, frankly, I didn't know that."

You even confess your confession in front of his siblings.

"Are you upset with us because we didn't tell you about our brother?" Yuzuha questioned.

"No, I'm not. I'm just startled that you two are his siblings. Gosh... I feel ashamed about what I did earlier." Now you are concealing your face in your hands out of embarrassment.