a queen not a king. MAL (2/2)

Y/n lays in bed admiring the moon light coming through the tinted windows "it's beautiful isn't it?" a voice calls out to her, she shifts in her seat to face the voice "most definitely" she says in a whisper  "why are you up red?" The voice asks softly. "I'm just thinking Mal that's all" she sighs and turns her attention back to the moonlight.

Mal comes into view "do you want to talk about it?" She asks, "maybe later" Mal nods "wanna walk along the beach?" At that question Y/n nearly knocks Mal over from jumping up in excitement Mal laughs at her actions. They walk out on the sand hand in hand together "the waves and the breeze calms my nerves" Y/n chuckles "it's soothing so I can't blame you" Mal laughs. "Mal?"

"Hm?"

"Is it wrong to say I have feelings for a certain someone?"

"No why?"

"But what if the certain someone was-" Y/n gets cut off by Jay and Carlos laughing along the beach and accidentally running into Y/n pushing her into the water "I'm so sorry" Jay apologizes Mal helps her up sending a glare towards the boys "it's fine" Y/n shivers "let's get you cleaned up" Mal says walking Y/n away from the boys.

Y/n takes a shower while Evie and Mal are talking "what happened?" Evie asks concerned as she hears Y/n sneezing a lot "Carlos and Jay were doing something and Carlos accidentally pushed Jay into her so that made her loose her footing and fall into the water" Mal explains "idiots" Evie mumbles "I agree" Mal laughs. "Can I have my clothes please" a voice rings out from the bathroom, Evie goes and gets her clothes and hands them to her "thank you" "of course"

Y/n finally walks out of the bathroom in baggy sweatpants and a hoodie with no shirt underneath but a sports bra "let's read?" She asks hopefully, Evie and Mal laugh "you know for being the queen of hearts kid you sure are quiet" Evie chuckles "I honestly don't know why I'm so quiet" Y/n chuckles as well "well let's say we all like it" Mal smiles making the other two smile at her. They all get into the bed and Evie reads to the both of them, a couple pages in and Y/n already fell asleep while her head rests on Mal's chest, Mal softly runs her hands through Y/n's hair while Evie still reads. Soon enough Mal and Evie both fell asleep it was a wonderful site to see all these girls cuddled up and sleeping like how they did back on the Isle.

It's been a week since that night, Evie and Mal are in their bedroom with Evie trying to convince Mal to confess to Y/n "no I will not do it I'm not ready what if she doesn't like me" Mal rants "you'll be fine just ask her on a date" Evie reassures her "it's not that easy" Mal groans "yes it is now come on" Evie pushes Mal out the door "you can't come back in the dorm until you confessed" Mal groans and walks away mumbling profanities. She just so happens to run into Y/n that was walking to sit under a tree "oh I'm sorry red I didn't see where I was going" Mal helps Y/n up "it's alright no big fuss" Y/n chuckles "want to come with me to sit under a tree?" She offers, Mal accepts.

They sit under a tree while Y/n silently reads "Y/n?" Mal asks "yes?" She closes her book to look at Mal "I was wondering if you maybe wanted go on a date with me?" She asks hopefully, Y/n smiles widely "of course I would want to go on a date with you I thought you would never ask" Mal smiles with her gaze locked on Y/n lips "may I?" Mal asks softly, Y/n nods Mal smashes her lips onto hers kissing her softly after a minute or two they break apart to breathe for air "and if you were wondering who that 'certain someone' was. It's you" Y/n says kissing her again. Mal smiles in the kiss "good" Mal mumbles against her lips.

That's the end