arguments. MAL

Y/n always had found it strange how Mal always came back to their apartment late at night, Mal always said it was work and how they wanted her to stay late. Y/n always believed it, she didn't want to believe anything else otherwise. Y/n thought it'd be a nice surprise to get a cat, what she didn't know was that it was going to start an argument between them.

"Why did you even get a cat? You know I hate cats." Mal said as her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose. "You said you always loved cats, you never said you hated them." Y/n frowned, she knew it was true. Mal loves cats. "Well not anymore, God." Mal groaned, sitting on the couch, "I can't return her.. that'd be rude and I like her." Y/n sighed, feeling upset.

"I don't care, I don't want that thing."

"I'm not taking her back." Y/n crossed her arms over her chest, frowning as Mal said that. Mal looked at her phone before sighing, she put it away before standing up. "Where are you going?" Y/n asked, not understanding. "Work."

"Work? You're supposed to be off today."

"Yeah, well. They told me to come in right now."

"I planned for us to go somewhere to eat dinner though."

"Find someone else." And with that, Mal left. Y/n sighed, she sat on the couch as tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn't believe what just happened, Mal never turned down meals or going out at all. Y/n knew everything about Mal, or so she thought. She hated this, she hated this feeling and how thoughts plagued her mind.

She decided she wasn't going to give up just yet, she'll let Mal cool off then talk to her in the morning or when she came back. She wanted to make things right, she loved Mal dearly. She didn't want anything to happen to them, she wanted to try to prevent that. It was going to be hard but she was determined, she ended up cancelling the reservation and just made herself dinner. She put cat food in a bowl and placed it next to hers.

The two ate together, Y/n started to talk to the cat about her day. "At least a cat will listen to me." Y/n groaned as she finished talking.

In the end, it didn't work out. They didn't work things out, it just got worse. They had massive arguments throughout the day, they fought and fought. No one had said the three words since Y/n brought home the cat.

They broke up, Mal moved out.

Short chapter🤗