Twenty Nine

Minatozaki Sana

It's been a week since mom died, I still can't believe she's gone. I look at the pictures of us together, we are so happy.

As I scrolled down on my phone I noticed a video, where we made a surprise party for her. I can see it in my mom's eyes, she is very happy.

It made me smile while watching it, but tears flowed as I watched her smile in each video.

I miss you mom.

I thought.

When I saw the last photo, where she was hugging me tight. "Mama..." I said softly, continuing to cry while hugging the pillow.

I heard my stomach rumbling, but I ignored it. I haven't eaten for three days, I'm almost neglecting myself.

I also don't read my friends' messages, including Dahyun's.

I continued to cry, until I fell asleep.

"Mama..."

[Hours passed]

I woke up when I heard someone open the door, I turned my head back and saw her again.

After a week of us not talking, she came here. "Sana..." She said, I didn't answer and immediately sat on my bed. I also noticed that she was carrying food.

"Jihyo, said you haven't eaten for three days." She said, I can also see the concern in her eyes. "You don't even leave the room, you know they are worried about you. I'm worried about you too." She added.

She placed the food on the table next to my bed, before sitting on the bed. I didn't say anything and immediately hugged her. I cried on her shoulder. "It's okay, love. Just cry, it's okay to cry but don't neglect yourself." She whispered.

"Love, remember I'm just here, our friends, we're all here to listen to you. Mina and Momo are too worried about you, it's better if you talk to them." She added.

When she mentioned the names of my two best friends, I immediately thought about them. "Are Momo and Mina okay?" I asked her weakly.

"Yes, they are fine but they are hella worried about you."

I slowly pulled myself away from Dahyun's hug, and was about to stand up when Dahyun suddenly grabbed my shoulder and stopped me. "Before you talk to them, make sure your stomach is full. I don't want Mina to hit me with her controller." She said jokingly.

She bought Ramyeon for me and also a bottle of water. "Here, eat the bread first, I'll just put hot water on Ramyeon." She said, and stood up from her seat.

But before she left. "Dahyun." I called to her, she turned her attention to me again, and hummed. "Thank you, for visiting me here..." I looked at the bread in my hand while smiling. "....I thought you were going to leave me like this, because you didn't show up after mom's cremation." I felt tears forming in my eyes again.

"I only just gave you enough space, because I knew we would have a fight when I talked to you right after mom's funeral." I immediately looked at her, and she was smiling at me. "I didn't leave your side, Love. During the week you locked yourself away, I was here outside your room. I heard you calling mom." She added.

"And when I know you're tired of crying your heart out, until you don't realize you've fallen asleep. I'll come inside your room, talk to you while you were asleep, giving you a kiss on the forehead, so you'll feel that I'm just here for you." Dahyun stated, her monolided eyes not leaving mine.

"I love you, Sana." She sweetly said before she left the room to do what she was about to do, I was dumbfounded by what she jus said to me.

I thought she had forgotten me, I didn't notice that I was unconsciously smiling.