Chapter 21

EJ's POV:

I did exactly as (y/n) said and started following the police chief.

It wasn't easy keeping tabs on the guy, but I did my best to follow him wherever I could while still stay undercover. So far, he hadn't done anything suspicious.

I was almost beginning to think (y/n) might have been wrong about him.

Ha.

As much as I wanted to get rid of her, (y/n) was a valuable asset to me. Her knowledge and connections have led me further than I would have been able to get on my own, as much as I hate to admit it.

I was sure (y/n) was right about the chief. I just needed to wait until he slipped up.

I wasn't expecting what I saw next though.

As usual, I followed him back to his house after his shift. Then, I hid myself near one of the windows and watched as he entered the house.

His wife was waiting for him inside the living room, arms crossed. She kept tapping her foot and pacing back and forth.

He forget their anniversary or something?

She was dressed casually though. Too casual for an important day. She looked pissed though.

The second he entered the same room as her she started shouting.

Her arms flew in the air wildly and she pointed at him accusingly. He remained calm despite her temper and inched closer to her, probably attempting to calm her down.

Whatever he said most definitely did not calm her down.

I cursed whoever built their house. Those fuckers. Some good quality walls they built. I couldn't hear a thing.

I bet if she shot the guy it would be silent.

Oh.

She must have said the wrong thing because before I knew it, the chief had her pinned on the ground. I watched silently in disgust while he gripped her head and bashed it into the floor over and over again. The rug below her quickly became stained with crimson blood. Even after her head had clearly been split into pieces, he kept smashing her into the floor. There was blood and bone and brains all over the rug.

Shame. It looked like a nice rug.

Maybe some hydrogen peroxide would take the stain out though. It could still be salvaged.

Once the chief finally decided he was done redecorating the rug, he paused to stare at his work.

Thats when I noticed the small figure standing in the doorway, hands clasped over their mouth.

Ah fuck.

The chief must have noticed too because all too soon he was standing up and slowly inching towards the child. The boy shook his head in horror and turned to run away but the chief grabbed his shoulder and yanked him back before he could even leave the room.

The boy tried to fight against him, kicking and punching as best as he could, but he was powerless against his father. The chief wrapped his hand around the child's throat and lifted him into the air before slamming him back down into the nearby coffee table.

I winced as the child went limp upon impact and turned away as the chief continued his assault.

I might be a monster, a killer, a cannibal, but I didn't think kids deserved to be harmed, especially not by people they should be able to trust.

Now.. if they were dumb enough to get into a strangers van with the promise of free candy.. well thats a different story.

A sigh left my mouth as I turned toward the window again and saw the now broken coffee table with the lifeless body of the boy on top of it.

I didn't think anyone could salvage the table.

The rug though.. it still had a chance. Maybe.

I wonder if the wife's kidneys would be any good. He probably wouldn't notice if they went missing.

I could use a snack.

Speaking of snacks, I needed to contact (y/n).

I pulled out my phone and quickly sent off a text to her. As much as I wanted to call her, I couldn't risk anyone who happened to pass by hearing me speak while I was hiding out.

Me: (y/n). chief went batshit. just watched him kill his family. Real messy.

While I waited for her response, I quickly snapped a few pictures of the crime scene and then recorded as the chief wiped the blood off of himself and headed upstairs.

He came back down a few moments later with some blankets and haphazardly laid them out over the bodies of his deceased family. Then, he took out his phone and made a call, his expression completely blank, utterly devoid of any emotion.

My phone buzzed.

Cute Kidneys: WHAT??? Did you get any evidence? Pictures? Video? What is he doing now?

The ghost of a smile teased my lips as I glanced at her name in my phone.

It didn't mean anything, just that her kidneys probably looked nice.

Her kidneys.

Not her.

I didn't think she was cute.

Well, maybe a little.

Only because it would be rude for me to say otherwise.

Im all about manners.

Yep. Manners.

Me: I took some pictures and got a video too. It's pretty ugly. I don't think you want to see it. He's making a phone call right now. Looks like he might me leaving too, I see him grabbing a bag.

Cute Kidneys: okay good. we can use those. how bad is it? he shoot them? see if you can find out where hes going. he must have a plan if he's just leaving the bodies there.

Me: Worse. Used his bare hands. I'll keep you updated. Can't promise I won't kill the fucker though.

Cute Kidneys: dont make any rash decisions. we need to find the others who helped him so we can really get justice. just be safe okay? I dont know what I'd do if you got hurt.

Aww she cares about me. Cute.

Well.. you know in an ironic way because I'm planning to kill her and eat her kidneys someday so she should really be afraid of me and not worry about my safety or wellbeing.

Nothing else.

"Nothing else," I muttered under my breath.

I watched as the chief barreled into his car and began to drive off. I silently slithered into the house and took a few..souvenirs. I had installed a tracker on all his vehicles so I didn't need to worry about losing him. Still, I hurried out of the house.

Not being human did come with the perk of being able to easily catch up to a moving vehicle.

The kidneys definitely helped with that though.

Food is fuel, am I right?

I licked my lips as the chief finally reached his destination: an office building?

I was kind of expecting an old warehouse to be honest.

You know, cartoon villain things.

I chuckled while scoping out a good vantage point. Ultimately, I decided just to watch through the windows again and hope he had his meeting on the first floor.

To my dismay, the chief scurried inside and annihilated the elevator buttons, smashing the same button over and over again as if it would make the elevator move faster.

My eyes zeroed in on the number "6" and I let out a sigh.

Guess I'll have to do some parkour.

••••
1239 words
Thoughts? Comments?
Unedited