Chapter 1

"Ya, Jungkook, pay attention." Hoseok called from his position in front of the mirror.

Jungkook tore his gaze from the mirror where it was glued to Jimin's reflection in it to Hoseok's own which was set in a stern look.

"Sorry hyung."

Jungkook really was sorry, and he meant it when he apologized to Hoseok, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't stop his eyes from going to Jimin each time the chorus for Fire came up. The way Jimin moved just drew him in and he felt compelled to watch him dance instead of paying attention to his own movements.

"It's all right Jungkook." Hoseok sighed out.

"Let's take five, yeah?" Yoongi suggested.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement with Yoongi's suggestion including himself. He needed a breather. Desperately.

"All right." Hoseok spoke, giving in to the rest of us.

They broke formation going in various directions in the dance practice room except for himself. He needed to get out of the room altogether which is why he went straight for the door to leave it. Just as he was about to turn the knob on the door a hand came down on his shoulder. Without even looking he knew it was Jimin's.

"Where are you going?"

"To the bathroom."

Jungkook turned the knob and pulled the door open but before he could exit through it Jimin blocked him from doing so, positioning himself directly in front of Jungkook.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked softly.

Jungkook stared at his feet in response for a second before he looked up and met Jimin's eyes. They were full of concern.

"Yeah, hyung. Just tired, you know?" He added a shrug of his shoulder to accompany his words.

He didn't lie to Jimin. He was tired. They had been practicing for the last four or five hours straight. Jimin looked at him for a long moment before breaking out into a smile that turned his eyes into crescents. Beautiful. The word instantly popped into Jungkook's head.

"All right." Jimin responded by moving from in front of Jungkook leaving his escape open and accessible.

Jungkook didn't respond, instead walking through the threshold of the room out into the hallway. As soon as the door closed, he started to breathe again. He hadn't even realized he had held his breath. Jungkook took in another as he made his way to the bathroom.

As soon as Jungkook walked into it, he went into the handicapped stall and locked the door, placing his back against it afterwards. The back of Jungkook's head thudded against it a second later. He stared up at the tiled ceiling, thoughts and feelings jumbled and all over the place. He dropped his head back down and came face to face with his reflection in the small mirror in front of him fastened to the wall above the sink. Jungkook continued staring at his reflection as he pushed off the door crossing the small distance to the sink. He sighed heavily, glancing at his shoulder in the mirror where Jimin's hand had come down on it. The heat from his touch was gone yet the feeling of it lingered still. Jungkook shook the thought off and turned the water on, splashing the cold water against his face before looking back up into the mirror. Water droplets clung to Jungkook's face, some tracing down it towards his chin to drip down into the sink or trail down his neck. He stood there staring at himself, his hands gripping the sides of the porcelain white sink using it to anchor himself as he let the thoughts that he had been fighting off only a moment ago run free.

Jungkook didn't know when it happened. There wasn't a single definitive moment that made him realize that he wanted more. He just knew that he did. He wanted Jimin in a way that he shouldn't want him. A way that a dongsaeng shouldn't want his hyung.

"Fuck!" Jungkook groaned, hanging his head in shame.

"Jungkook." He heard a call from behind the stall door.

Jungkook tensed and relaxed all in the span of a millisecond at the realization that it wasn't Jimin but Yoongi who'd called his name.

"Sorry. Give me a minute."

Jungkook hurriedly grabbed some paper towels from the dispenser and wiped the water and sweat that was mixed off his face and from the front of his neck where some had trailed down it. He threw the now used paper towels away and opened the door to leave his brief sanctuary.

The door fully open Jungkook could see Yoongi with arms crossed leaned against the row of sinks for those that used the smaller stalls. Jungkook glanced away, unable to meet Yoongi's eyes afraid that Yoongi's all too knowing ones would see right through him to see Jungkook's inner turmoil, so he walked past him for the main door instead.

"Jungkook."

The way Yoongi spoke his name halted Jungkook's steps and he stopped in his tracks.

"Yeah, hyung?" Jungkook asked in a quiet voice, still not daring to look at him.

Jungkook waited for Yoongi to speak but he didn't. Instead, he felt fingers ruffle his hair at the back of his head. The action took Jungkook by surprise and caused him to look back behind himself at Yoongi, meeting his eyes as he did.

"It's okay, you know."

Jungkook cocked his head to the side feigning that he didn't understand what Yoongi was alluding to, but Jungkook knew full well what he was alluding too even if he didn't want to admit it. Yoongi's eyes narrowed thoughtfully. Jungkook looked away and down at his feet.

"It's okay."

This time when Yoongi spoke those words they were laced with understanding. Jungkook felt his eyes begin to burn and he shook his head, the fringe of his hair falling into his eyes.

"It's not hyung. I. It's not." Jungkook insisted on trying to give voice to how he was feeling.

Yoongi didn't say anything more, just gripped his shoulder and squeezed it. That was when the first tear fell. That single tear broke whatever composure Jungkook was trying to hang on to and he broke down dropping to the floor into a squat and buried his face into his knees and cried. Once he started, he couldn't stop. Months of built-up and festered emotions finally releasing. Just as Jungkook began to really let go he felt Yoongi's hand come to rest on his back before it rubbed circles in it. Ashamed Jungkook hid his face and cried until he felt himself wrung dry with no more tears left to give. Eventually, he wiped his face with the back of his hands and looked up into Yoongi's eyes.

"Yoongi, what am I going to do?" Jungkook questioned voice breaking.

Yoongi gave him a sad smile.

"That's something you'll have to figure out."

Jungkook's eyes burned anew as he looked away feeling hopeless and alone all over again.

"Hyung will be here for you as you do though." Yoongi said softly.

Jungkook looked back up and when he met Yoongi's gaze, he saw the sincerity of those words in them, and for the first time in months he felt like maybe things would be okay.

Maybe.