Chapter 9

Jungkook smiled at his phone screen as he lay in his hotel room bed. He was watching Jimin's birthday live. Jungkook's smile grew bigger at Jimin saying that Serendipity was his favorite song. It was Jungkook's favorite on the new album as well because it was for him. Jimin's birthday gift to him. Even though Namjoon is the one on paper to have written it, Serendipity, was born from a question that Namjoon had asked Jimin one day; what did Jungkook mean to him? When he learned that it made sense to Jungkook why Jimin had been so nervous letting Jungkook hear him record the song and why Jimin would kick him out every time he was recording it. The first time Jungkook had heard the song he cried; he was so touched by it. It made Jungkook even more grateful to have Jimin.

They'd been together a few months now. They had decided to talk to the rest of the group as soon as they got back before taking their break in between shows. Just as Taehyung had said everyone was supportive of them. With that support their relationship bloomed. Jimin bloomed. Jimin became more confident and assured in his feeling but not just his feelings but himself. Jimin being able to talk to someone about his feelings and not just to Jungkook had helped Jimin in ways that made Jungkook so proud of him. He truly loved Jimin which is why he couldn't wait to give him his surprise as soon as he ended his live. See Jimin thought Jungkook was sleeping as he mentioned in his live, but he wasn't. Even though they had celebrated Jimin's birthday earlier and they'd given Jimin the shirt and ring he'd mentioned Jimin wasn't aware there was another gift waiting for him. One that Jungkook had been planning for quite a while.

Which is why as soon as Jimin said goodbye to ARMY Jungkook was at Jimin's door. Jungkook didn't bother knocking instead just walking into Jimin's room. However, he wished he had because Jimin was in the middle of changing for bed and was only in his boxer briefs. Jungkook knew he was staring but he couldn't help it. Jungkook had seen Jimin in various stages of undress before given how long they had all lived together, but that was then, and this was now. Now was far different from then especially considering Jungkook's attraction to Jimin. Jungkook's eyes swept down Jimin's lithe body and back up landing on his NEVERMIND tattoo across his ribcage as Jimin twisted around to grab his sweats from atop his bed. Jungkook's feet moved on their own accord which is why when Jimin turned back around Jungkook was right in front of him.

"Jungkook." Jimin let out his name breathlessly.

Hearing his name uttered in such a manner Jungkook could feel arousal pool in his stomach and spurred from that arousal Jungkook crowded Jimin till he fell back against the bed landing on his back with Jungkook hovering over him caging him with his hands on either side of Jimin's head. Jungkook watched Jimin's lips part in surprise.

"You're so beautiful." Jungkook whispered before he pressed his lips against Jimin's still parted ones.

Despite Jungkook's arousal he kissed Jimin softly savoring the breathy sigh that Jimin let out when he did. Jimin wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck threading his finger into the hair at the nape of his neck returning the kiss just as tenderly. Jungkook lowered himself coming flush against Jimin the longer they kissed which deepened as they did. When Jungkook felt Jimin rut upwards Jungkook broke the kiss causing Jimin to groan out loud. Jungkook knew it was a groan laced with both arousal and disappointment.

"I know." Jungkook breathed out right before lighting kisses all over Jimin's face making him break out in giggles.

Jungkook smiled loving the sound of Jimin giggling. He was still smiling when he pressed a final kiss to Jimin's lips and pushed himself back and away from Jimin off the bed. Jungkook picked up Jimin's sweats and tee and tossed them at him playfully watching them land on Jimin's face making him laugh.

"Such a tease AND a brat." Jimin let out with a tsk as he sat up and pulled on his sweats followed by his t-shirt that Jungkook noticed was his making him grin.

As much as Jungkook wanted to do more with Jimin, now wasn't the time nor place for that. Additionally, they hadn't gone beyond kissing or heavy petting and when they did take that step, he wanted it to be a time that felt righter than right now. So as much as it pained him, he pushed the desire he felt down and climbed onto Jimin's bed and laid down. He watched Jimin rearrange his shirt and turn towards him facing him. Jungkook opened his arms wide and Jimin with a smile crawled onto the bed and into his open arms. Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin, Jimin resting his head on Jungkook's chest. Jungkook let out a contented sigh relishing the feeling of Jimin snuggling into him.

"I thought you were sleeping." Jimin spoke glancing up at him.

"Mm, I couldn't go to sleep yet." Jungkook answered returning Jimin's glance with his own.

"Why not?" Jimin asked now, looking at Jungkook his chin propped against his chest to do so.

"Because I still have to give you your birthday present." Jungkook grinned.

Jimin's brow furrowed in confusion. Jungkook grinned wider knowing he looked like a bunny now. Jungkook didn't say anything more but pulled the envelope out of his pocket that contained said gift and held it up till Jimin's eyes found it. Jungkook was still smiling as Jimin sat up from against him Jungkook following suit. Jimin still hadn't taken the envelope, so Jungkook lifted it towards him to take it.

"Go on."

Jimin took the envelope from Jungkook's hand with a cocked head and pursed lips which Jungkook found endearing. Jungkook watched Jimin open the envelope with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. He wasn't sure which feeling outweighed the other now. He supposed Jimin's reaction would determine that. Jungkook held his breath as Jimin pulled out two rectangular pieces of paper from the envelope examining them. As he did Jungkook watched Jimin's eyes widen. Jimin's widened eyes found Jungkook's own.

"Jungkook?" Jimin questioned. "Is this what I think it is?" He asked with eyes glistening.

"Happy birthday baby." Jungkook smiled. "I know that you have always wanted to travel just the two of us. So, I thou-"

Jungkook's words were cut off by Jimin crashing his lips against his almost knocking them backwards. Jungkook chuckled returning the kiss. When Jimin broke the kiss, he wrapped his arms around Jungkook hugging him tightly to him which Jungkook was only happy to reciprocate.

"Do you like it?" Jungkook asked pressing a kiss to Jimin's temple.

"I do." Jimin nodded against him. "So much."

They continued their embrace for a while before Jimin eventually broke it. Jungkook watched Jimin sit back up and stare at the slips of paper. Two tickets. Two tickets to Tokyo, Japan. Just the two of them. Jungkook couldn't help smiling at seeing Jimin's eyes disappear from his own smile.

"I can't believe it. We're really going to travel together. Just the two of us." Jimin spoke softly staring at the tickets held between his hands.

"Are you happy?" Jungkook asked already knowing the answer but wanting to hear it anyways.

"Mm hmm." Jimin nodded smiling to the point his eyes completely disappeared. "So happy."

"That's all that matters." Jungkook said as he laced their hands together Jimin letting out a happy giggle when Jimin glanced at the tickets now held in his right hand alone before looking back to Jungkook smiling beautifully causing Jungkook's heart to swell with the knowledge that he put it there.