Chapter 4

Jimin stared at his reflection in the mirror while reflecting over the past almost year. A lot of things had changed for them as BTS. The most pivotal thing that happened was them winning their first Daesang award for album of the year for their album, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever. All their hard work had finally paid off. Their music was finally getting the recognition they knew it deserved despite all the opposition they had received not being from one of the big three companies. He'd also done some work in the form of a showdown with an idol by the name of Taemin to promote his solo song, Lie, on their new album titled Wings. Jimin had enjoyed working with Taemin. He was a good sunbaenim that Jimin looked up to like a lot of idols in the industry did being that he had debuted at age 14. Being that he debuted so young Taemin's knowledge of the industry was much deeper than his own. They were also getting ready to embark on their second world tour for their Wings album. Despite all of that happening, the biggest change at least to Jimin that's happened over the course of this past year or so has been the dynamic between himself and Jungkook.

Things changed after that night's conversation they'd had in Jimin's bed, specifically the night that he promised Jungkook that no matter what Jungkook was going through he would never leave him. Jimin doesn't know if in that moment Jimin promising that was precisely what Jungkook needed to hear because since then things had been better between them. Remarkedly so.

Jimin would be lying if he said that from time to time, he wondered about what it was that Jungkook thought was so bad that if he had told Jimin about it Jimin would've never spoken to him again. Even so, Jimin wouldn't ask about it no matter how curious he was. Besides, Jimin knows it can't be worse than the secret he himself harbors.

"Ya, Jimin!" Taehyung called from somewhere behind him off to his right.

Jimin, shaken from his recollections by Taehyung's call looked up to the hair stylist reflected in the mirror who immediately assured him he was finished. With that Jimin stood from the chair he'd sat in for the last couple hours giving a couple small jumps in place to get the blood flowing in his fallen asleep legs.

"Come on." Taehyung called from the doorway where Jimin located him standing.

"Coming." Jimin called back as he grabbed his jacket glancing in the mirror one last time as he shrugged it on bowing to the hair stylist with thanks before making his way over to join Taehyung.

Jimin ran his fingers through his hair unsurely as he walked through the threshold at Taehyung's heels worried that maybe he shouldn't have gone with the color he'd chosen. Taehyung saw right through him as he usually does and let out a chuckle as they walked down the hallway to leave BIG HIT and head back home to their shared dorm with the other members.

"Jimin, it looks amazing. ARMY is going to love it. Trust me." Taehyung grinned over at him.

Jimin smiled reassured. He hoped that they would like it. He also hoped that a certain someone would like it too. As they rode home, Sejin driving them, Taehyung went on and on about how it wasn't fair that Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin got to do the cool colors while the rest of them had shades of lame brown. Jimin was a laughing mess by the time they were opening the door to their dorm because of his complaining. As they kicked their shoes off and walked down the hall into the living room, they were still giggling Jimin using Taehyung to stay up right.

"Whoa, Jimin!"

Jimin stopped laughing and looked up to see the other members coming up from their various seats. Hoseok smiling a heart-shaped smile repeating the word "whoa" as he flitted about Jimin running his fingers through his hair.

"Ya, Jimin are you trying to take my title of Worldwide Handsome?" Seokjin asked grinning with a thumbs up.

"See I told you they would like it." Taehyung said elbowing him with a boxed grin.

One after another he received compliments from all the members except Jungkook who was standing off to the side staring at him with a look that Jimin didn't quite understand. Jimin from Jungkook's stare was beginning to feel that maybe he shouldn't have gone with the bubblegum pink shade he'd chosen. Maybe he should have stuck with the light brown he'd considered in lieu of the bubblegum pink he now donned. Just as Jimin was about to spiral a hand slipped into his hand causing him to look up to meet one of Jungkook's bunny smiles that he loved so much.

"It's pretty hyung. You look pretty." Jungkook said the last part quietly as if to himself, but Jimin heard it, nonetheless.

Jimin smiled widely, his eyes disappearing into crescents like they did when he was happy.

"Thanks, Jungkook."

Jungkook squeezed Jimin's hand and let it go. Jimin felt the loss almost immediately, but it didn't matter because Jungkook thought that Jimin looked pretty, and he was happy with that. Jimin kept the megawatt smile Jungkook's compliment elicited all the way to his room where he upon entering flopped on to his bed on his back. He was still grinning when Taehyung entered the room and flopped down on the bed next to him.

"You look pretty." Taehyung teased him with Jungkook's compliment.

"Shut up." Jimin laughed whacking Taehyung with a pillow making Taehyung laugh.

Jimin watched Taehyung raise the pillow as if to hit Jimin back but instead he tucked it back under Jimin's head as he sat up. A moment later Jimin followed suit sitting up mirroring Taehyung's crossed legged position facing him.

"You really do look pretty." Taehyung complimented Jimin brushing Jimin's bangs from his forehead with a sweep of his fingers.

Jimin smiled down at his lap looking at his hands in them.

"I'm glad that he treats you nicer."

"Me too." Jimin agreed knowing that Taehyung was referring to Jungkook. "I wonder what changed you know?" Jimin mused, not really expecting an answer.

Taehyung's laughter rang through the room causing Jimin to look up at him. Jimin cocked his head to the side not understanding.

"Jimin, my soulmate, sometimes you are so stupid."

"Ya!" Jimin hit Taehyung with a pillow square in the face which only made him laugh harder. "Soulmates or not." Jimin glared with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah. Not going to change what I said." Sitting back up from where he'd fallen back dramatically when Jimin hit him with the pillow.

"What do you mean by that?" Jimin asked more than curious about the meaning of his best friend's words.

Instead of answering Taehyung drew his lips into a firm line and mimicked zipping them shut. Jimin knew no matter what he did or said Taehyung wouldn't say a word regarding what he meant by what he said.