Chapter 2

Ever since the day of the practice last week Jungkook had become increasingly distant and Jimin wasn't sure why. He wondered if he had done something that Jungkook hadn't liked. Jimin knew that he was sometimes overbearing but he'd been doing better about giving Jungkook his space. Jimin sighed from where he lay on his bed staring up at the ceiling.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok asked from his bed that was positioned a short distance from his own.

Jimin sighed again debating on whether he should share his concerns with Hoseok. He relented because much like Taehyung Jimin shared everything with his hyung. Almost everything. There was one thing that Jimin had never admitted to anyone except to himself. It was something that he knew that if he did admit it to anyone it had the potential to destroy everything, they had worked so hard for.

"I was just wondering if I did something to upset Jungkookie."

"What do you mean?"

"I just feel like he has been avoiding me since practice last week."

"Hmmm, I don't think so. You think so?"

"Hyung, I wouldn't be wondering about it if I didn't think he was." Jimin teased, twisting his head to look at Hoseok who scowled at him before grinning knowing Jimin was just teasing.

"Ha-ha. Smartass."

Jimin laughed, his voice filling the room as he did. Hoseok rarely cursed and when he did Jimin found it extremely funny.

"Why don't you just ask him?" Hoseok suggested ignoring Jimin's laughing at his cursing used to it.

Jimin's smile faltered into a frown. Jimin had thought about just asking him but if Jungkook was upset with him he figured that would just upset him even more which would only result in Jungkook becoming even more distant than he was currently. Jimin's hesitancy came from what happened between the two of them a few months ago.

Jimin thought back to a few months ago to what he referred to as the turning point in his relationship with Jungkook and how he interacted with him. Jimin had jumped on Jungkook's back hugging him like he always did and while he expected Jungkook to groan about him doing so Jungkook instead of whining had pushed Jimin off him and began yelling at him. Jungkook told him off for being so clingy with him hugging and touching him all the time. Jimin remembers just shutting down trying his best not to cry as Jungkook laid into him going on and on about how Jimin suffocated him. Jungkook had been so loud that the other members had come out into the living room. Namjoon had been the one to intervene reprimanding Jungkook sending him back to their shared room. Jimin remembers being asked what happened when Jungkook left the room but all he could respond with was that he just hugged him.

"Jimin." Hoseok spoke softly climbing into Jimin's bed and wrapping himself around him. "Don't go back there yeah."

Jimin blinked a few times not even realizing that he had begun tearing up at the memory of that night. Any time Jungkook became distant Jimin couldn't help going back to that night. The night that changed how he approached their maknae. Jimin was very careful in how he acted around Jungkook now. He tried his best not to invade his space at all unless they were recording for ARMY because he didn't want ARMY to worry about them. Rumors started easily and got out of hand even easier.

"Sorry hyung."

Hoseok pinched Jimin's cheeks.

"It's okay. I just know that you are still hurt about what happened that night."

Jimin remained silent for some time before asking Hoseok what he always asked when he thought about that night.

"Do you think Jungkook was right? That I'm too clingy. Hyung am I?"

"Jimin we all show love in our own ways. Yoongi hyung does so through acts of service while I like to give gifts. For you it's through physical touch. So, no Jimin, I don't think you are too clingy. We know that that is just how you express your love for each of us. I'm sure Jungkook understands that too."

Or, Jimin wondered, maybe he just hates it when Jimin touches him because maybe on some level Jungkook knows just like Jimin does his touches hold a little more love than they do when he touches him than his touch does for the others.

"Maybe." Jimin spoke quietly.

"Tell you what, I'll talk to Jungkook and make sure that everything is okay. Would that make my dongsaeng happy?"

Jimin couldn't help but smile.

"It's okay hyung. We'll work through it just like we did all those months ago."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"All right."

Hoseok squeezed Jimin bodily before he climbed out of his bed.

"I'm going to grab some dinner you want to come?"

Jimin shook his head against his pillow declining the invitation. Jimin knew that Hoseok was going to be meeting up with his sister, Jiwoo, and he didn't want to intrude on the siblings' time together since it was rare that they actually had time to spend with their families.

"I'm good. I'll find something here or order something."

"You promise?"

"Promise."

Jimin knew that his hyung's worried about his eating habits around comeback times. It wasn't like he hadn't given them reason to worry in the past, but it was something that he had been working on overcoming. Currently he was in a healthy relationship with food thanks to his hyung's always making sure he was eating.

He watched Hoseok pocket his wallet and leave their shared room with a wave before Jimin turned on his side to face the wall. He stared at it looking at it as if he could see through the wall into the room beyond it where he knew Jungkook to be. Jimin lifted his hand and pressed it against the wall with a sigh wondering again what he did to upset Jungkook. Looking at his hand he wondered if it was when he placed his hand on his shoulder before he left the practice room or if it was something else entirely.