Chapter 3: Strange First Contact

Coda Village

A few hours had passed since
Hunter 2-1 left the base and other than the occasional old ancient ruins that the team drove pass the journey had been rather uneventful.

It wasn't until when the team approached a small forest that they noticed what appeared to be a small medieval village with a large sign at the entrance.

"Liutenant, I can see the first village on those trees." James reported.

Mike nodded.

"We can see it, take us there and stop outside the entrance."

It took only a minute for the column to approach the Gate entrance before coming to a complete stop.

"Alright everyone, disembark you can bring the gun's but don't shoot and don't look intimidating. We don't want to scare the locals." Mike ordered.

After a collective confirmation from the team, as well as a discussion over the radio with Sergeant Carter and his crew in the M1A2 Abrams Tank and be on overwatch, Mike and some of Recon Team disembarked from their vehicles before approaching the village entrance.

"Coda, that must be the name of this village." Mike mused as he and the others entered the village.

But as they neared a well that was near the Gate entrance, they noticed that there was literally nobody in sight.

"Um... where are the villagers living here?" Sergeant Millie asked.

"...I think I know where they are." Sergeant Jacob pointedly stared to the left side of the Village.

Following Jacob's gaze, the team noticed that the villagers were poking out the doors and windows before they immediately sealed themselves away once they we're discovered.

Looking around them they can see that from almost all of the buildings, the rest of the villagers were staring at them before they too closed the doors and windows shut the moment the team made eye contact with them.

The Team looked at each other as they wondered what they will do now in this... awkward situation.

Before Mike could ask for any suggestions, they heard a slight commotion as a door from the central building opened, followed by footsteps approaching them.

Turning in the direction at the source they saw an elderly man in probably in his late fifties or early sixties approach them.

Behind the man were several people in the central building who watch with anxiety as the man walk toward them.