Chapter 4: The Eagle of Freedom V.S The Ancient Fire Dragon

Out of all this time why now? How the hell does that damn Dragon knew where we are, it doesn't make any sense?'

Mike thought in frustration as of why the Fire Dragon appeared when they were out of range of the vicinity of Coda Village.

One thought came to mind was the probability due to the many stops made by the Coda Convoy or the Dragon simply have a keen sense of smell.

Or maybe was it that it followed the trail of the Convoy's wagons and carriages that we burnt earlier?

Then it clicked something in Mike's mind as he realized the Marines mistake.

"Damn it! We were so careless, I knew it that we should left those belongings untouched and let it be scavenged by bandits." Mike silently cursed at the thought that the Fire Dragon was intelligent enough to follow the burnt trail of the Convoy's Vehicles.

It made him think that there might be creatures who are as powerful and as intelligent as the Fire Dragon he needed to report this to HQ at his discovery.

His thoughts were briefly interrupted by someone calling him in the Cougar's radio.

"Hunter 2-1 Actual to Lieutenant Ramirez, this is Sergeant Carter, I have sights on the target with my Main Gun, permission to fire?"

Without any time to waste Mike Immediately replied.

"You have my orders, fire at will! Even in this open space we have no choice but to fight it, FIRE AT THAT SOB!"

"Sir, I heard you loud and clear; fire at will!"

The Locals inside the Cougar were giving confused looks at Mike as they heard a voice coming from the black box before they covered their ears from the sudden boom sound of the Abrams Tank's M256A1 120mm smoothbore cannon firing a shell somewhere; the locals don't know.

The rest of the Marines earlier were confused after they had noticed when the Abrams Tank suddenly rotated its main gun and after a few short moments it fired at who knows where.

The Abrams main gunner who fired the M256A1 120 mm smoothbore gun, licking his lips in anticipation only for the shell to barely dodged by the Dragon.

"What the- How the hell does that damn overgrown lizard able to dodge that!?"

The Main Gunner, Alex, exclaimed in utter shock at the Dragon who able to dodge with that velocity.

Many who have hoped and prayed that they will live another day, was soon crushed when a huge creature flew, overshadowing those who are in the rear of the Convoy.

It was nonetheless the Fire Dragon itself.

Panic soon erupted in the Convoy as the Fire Dragon blew its fiery breath at the Villagers, who were unfortunate enough to have burned to death.

As this was happening, Mike's voice patches in to every vehicle of Hunter 2-1.

"All units prepare for combat! We need to engage this Dragon until every Villager in this Convoy are able to reach a safe distance away from the Creature! Carter bring your Tank back here we need its firepower."

It didn't take long for the Marines to understand what he was saying as they immediately went in to their Vehicles and raced towards the Fire Dragon.