Chapter 8: Possible Peace

December 12th

Town of Italica

East Gate

Local POV

Morning

"By the gods... In all my years of service for the Empire... I have never seen such a terrible sight." Grey muttered as he along with Piña and the Knights looked on what was once a fertile fields of Italica.

Now littered with smoking holes and the remains of what was once an army of over 1,600 completely wiped out with no casualties on the Americans as they gather up the remaining survivors.

"Iron Elephants capable of blowing fire... Iron Pegasi with people riding in them... Iron Fire Dragons unleashing all forms of destruction... They are otherworldly monsters capable of unleashing an overwhelming power that no human can withstand... A power that can crush everything, a power denies honor and pride in an instant." Piña muttered.

Was this their true power? Is this the gods mocking them at how frail, worthless, and insignificant that they truly are?

They then realized that although Italica was saved, it is now likely that Countess will cede the Town as promised to the United States in their war against the Saderan Empire.

But, what can they do? The mighty Saderan Army was crushed in a short of time on two occasions, the Allied Armies was destroyed despite their superior numbers, and now even a group of Marines and an Iron Elephant were able to hold off an army many times their size and numbers.

So what now?, How could only seven of the Rose Order of the Knights, could do against the enemies that occupies the Holy Hills of Alnus when they have such overwhelming power?

"Princess... What are we going to do now?" Hamilton asked.

"...I don't know. If we fight, we will surely die. If they were to demand our complete and unconditional surrender, then one of Sadera's most important agricultural areas would forever be integrated to the Enemy. And the people of the Town would welcome them with cheers and open arms as their saviors." Piña replied.

"That's-" Hamilton started but was cut off by Piña.

"The victory is not ours, it was the Priestess of Emroy and the USMC who won, not us. They wiped out the brigands in but a moment of with things like the Iron Elephants, Iron Pegasis, Iron Fire Dragons, and Carriages that no blacksmith, not even the dwarves were capable of making anything similar." Piña explained as she turned around and walked down the stairs of the East Walls.

"If they were to turn that power towards Sadera, the Capital City, we would be quickly turned into captives... And I'll have to plead for mercy. Me the Imperial Princess pleading to the enemy for mercy." Piña laughs hollowly at what might happen as her knights follow her.