Update

So... I want to give you an update on what is currently happening.

Firstly, thank you all for the support during this temporary retirement; I really appreciate the love and care you've given me.

Secondly, the end of the school year is nearing, so I want to update you on the current state of this story.

I won't be adding chapters for the next few years, but what I will do is wait things out until the world cools down.

Let's be honest, this story being written during a time when America is EXTREMELY divided, and we had a Civil War movie by A24 during an ELECTION YEAR is pretty ironic and sad.

But let's not waste any time and get right into it.

So, why did I drop this?

Well, since watching the Civil War film and rewatching a lot of films like Battle: Los Angeles, I really miss writing these chapters and talking to you. I really miss this.

But this also gave me an opportunity. I will be fixing some parts of the story with a few tweaks and retcons, along with a more minimalistic approach to handling the politics, civilian, and military views of each perspective group.

I am currently making a plan for the story with a timeline of events and battles, with some heartfelt and serious drama and minimal comedy sprinkled around.

After Operation Sovereign Duty, we won't be following any combat operations anymore and will instead be following the effects of the war.

The local populations from the Falmartian POV, from small villages to the major cities, will be shown, highlighting the good and bad sides of the occupational forces.

So, for those who just came for the action, please leave and go look for another war crime story.

Speaking of war crimes, there will be a whole lot of them (like a lot), but from both sides.

Now, some of these war crimes will be justified, like slavers getting killed, but others...

Will be deeply disturbing...

Mass civilian graves created by vengeful coalition troops, raping of women will definitely be mentioned (especially regarding the demihumans like cat girls), exploitation of the local population due to their ancient ways, and much more.

Why do I want to do this?

To paint the war not as a blank canvas with black and white, but as an ugly shade of gray.

I know America is supposed to be great.

But I want to also show the dark side of America.

Like the politics; yes, President Jamison is a great 40-something-year-old politician with a great heart, but I can't say the rest of the government would be.

I know I wanted to step away from politics, but that's impossible.

Like take Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, as an example.

Politics are ALWAYS going to be part of our lives, even if we try to avoid them.

So I'm going to show supremacists rallying against Sadera in D.C., ultranationalists starting mass shootings in protest of the government's stand for peace for Sadera, and vengeful military officers creating their own private militias to attack the local population as their view on "justice" for Americans.

I want heavy themes, and after seeing the state America has been in, it's time I start to write about them.

I want to focus on the horrible acts from the New World, but also show that there are also horrible acts from our world as well.

Acts still being done to this day.

This won't be American propaganda anymore.

So what gave me this idea?

Well, these words:

"Valley of the dolls."

It's sad and terrifying to think this is still happening, and will likely still happen.

And that Civil War film also made me decide to show America not as a force of true good, but as a force of both good and evil.

I had this ache ever since I started writing, "should I also include the terrible with the good?" is what I said to myself.

So this is why I posted this.

To tell you my timeline and decision to portray America and the coalition members as liberators and heroes, but also show some of the disgusting truths about our world.

This book in the next couple of years will eventually be controversial among the community.

I will write it in incredibly disgusting detail, not holding back anymore punches.

It might be uncomfortable, but that's just how the world operates.

I am here to discuss with you my very big problem for this story.

It's a good story, set in the most inconvenient time.

I wanted to get this off my chest, to tell you my views of this book.

I love writing it, but I just cannot ignore the people I am portraying.

The good may be in the majority, but the minority shine brighter than the majority.

This is what I want to tell you.

You might love it, but you simply cannot ignore its scars.

But scars heal.

And I simply hope that when I return to writing, America is hopefully better.

America may stand out as a hotspot for controversy.

It will eventually earn its name...

As the land of the free, opportunity, and justice.

See you all in a couple of years.

Sneak peak for the future: