Sami Zayn

It's quiet in Roman's lavish locker room, with your Tribal Chief and big brother silently typing away at his phone. You were ushered through the door and behind the safety of the locked door as soon as you arrived to Smackdown with Roman and the twins.

"Roman." You complain in a whiny tone from your spot draped over the couch. "I'm bored. Do I have to be locked up here all night?" You ask him in a defeated tone.

Roman looks up from his phone briefly, he glances at you with that serious look of his. "You don't leave this locker room unless someone is with you." He reminds you of his ridiculous rule. "You know that."

"Well then can't you get Jimmy or Jey to come with me?" You pout. "I'm going to go crazy being locked up in here." You cross your arms over your chest and glare at your brother.

Roman rolls his eyes and goes back to typing on his phone. You sigh and go back to silently pouting on the couch. A little while later the locker room door swings open and the twins both file in with Sami at their side.

"Sami!" You perk up at the sight of the ginger.

"Hey, Y/N." Sami glances at you briefly with a wide grin. "Roman, Jimmy said that you wanted to see me?" He turns to Roman after smiling at you.

Roman sets his phone down and looks at Sami with stern eyes. He glances over at you now sitting up on the couch then turns his attention back on Zayn.

"I've got a job for you, Sami." Roman informs the eager ginger.

Sami's eyes light up at Roman's words, the smile on his face quickly increasing in size. "Oh?" He tries his best to play it cool. "Of course! What can I do for you?" He asks Roman.

"I want you to go with Y/N backstage so she can stretch her legs." Roman explains. "Keep her safe and out of trouble. You understand?" He asks Sami.

Sami nods his head vigorously as Roman beckons you over from the couch. "You can count on me, Roman. I'll make sure that nothing happens to you, Y/N." He smiles at you again.

"Thanks, Sami." You giggle and walk over to his side. "Come on! Let's get out of here." You grab his arm and pull him out of the room before Roman can get another word in.

You drag Sami out of the room and the door swings shut behind you. Roman waits for a few seconds before he turns to Jimmy and Jey.

"Keep an eye on them." He informs Jimmy. "I want to know how he acts around her. How he treats her. And how far he's willing to go to keep her safe. Got it?" He stares down the twins with a serious look on his face. 

"Got it bossman." Jimmy nods and turns to the door. 

Jey hesitates for a second, mumbling to himself about having to put up with more Sami Zayn shenanigans. "Yeah, and if he does anything stupid imma beat his ass." He grumbles and joins Jimmy at the door. 

Out in the backstage area, you finally release Sami from your iron grip and skip down the hall, happy to finally be free of that stingy locker room. Sami speed-walks to keep up with you and is on high alert for anyone that might be lurking around. 

"So, what are we up to?" Sami asks you after the two of you have been walking for a few minutes. 

"I'm not sure." You admit with a shrug. "Anywhere but Roman's locker room is fine with me. I swear if I have to spend another minute in that stuffy hellhole I'll go mad." You sneer at the thought of having to go back to the locker room. 

Sami strides up to your side with a curious grin. "Oh come on, it can't be that bad. Can it?" He asks you with a curious smile. 

"Ugh, you have no idea." You groan. "I love my brother, but he is such a drama queen." You roll your eyes. "And I love Jimmy and Jey too, but they are way too serious now. They never have any fun anymore. That's why I like you so much!" You grin at him. "You actually know how to have a little fun. Plus you're funny." 

"Awe, thanks, Y/N. I try." Sami chuckles, his cheeks turning a light shade of red. 

You and Sami walk around the backstage area and catering just wasting time and mingling with one another. Jimmy and Jey keep a close eye on you from a distance and watch Sami get more and more comfortable at your side as the night goes on. After a couple of hours, you end up shoulder to shoulder with Zayn while you head back towards the locker rooms since Smackdown is almost over for the night. 

"Thanks again for putting up with me all night, Sami." You thank him as your near Roman's locker room. 

"Putting up with you?" Sami laugh. "Please, I've been having a blast." He waves his hand dismissively. "In fact, I think that we should hang out more often." He adds with a grin. 

You giggle and go to reply but before you can, Drew McIntryre rounds the corner with a sour look on his face. He towers over you and Sami, who promptly steps in front of you to shield you from Drew. "Well well well, what do we have here?" Drew glares over Sami at you. "What's Roman's baby sister doing out all alone in the hallways, now? It's dangerous back here lass, don't you know?" He informs you with a smug scowl on his face. 

"Umm hello? She's not alone!" Sami stands his ground, keeping himself between you and Drew. "Leave us alone, Drew." He glares at McIntyre, trying his best to look tough in front of you. 

"You'd best move out of the way," Drew warns Sami and steps towards the two of you. "My business is with her." 

Sami doesn't move a muscle, his feet planted firmly on the floor in front of him. Drew continues on his path to plow over Sami when Jimmy and Jey finally spring out of hiding to handle the situation. "Jimmy! Jey!" You sigh in relief when your cousins come to the rescue. 

"Sami! Get her into the locker room." Jimmy barks a quick order at Zayn as he and Jey march toward Drew. 

Sami nods and grabs your hand, dragging you away as fast as you can. He pushes you through the door of the locker room, still making sure that he's between you and Drew if he were to get past Jey and Jimmy. 

"Okay, you'll be fine in here." Sami puts a hand on your shoulder. "Are you alright? You're shaking a bit." He notices the slight shake in your shoulders. 

"I'm okay." You nod. "Thanks, Sami." You lean forward and hug him. 

Reluctantly, Sami puts his arms around you, reciprocating the hug. You bury your face in his shoulder and Zayn freezes up when he sees Roman sitting silently on the other side of the room watching the whole ordeal. You finish hugging Sami and let him go, and that's when Roman strikes.

"Sami! What's going on?" He marches over to Sami expecting an immediate explanation. 

Before Sami can reply, Jimmy and Jey push their way into the room and slam it shut behind them. Jey takes a second to catch his breath and Jimmy walks over to Roman to explain what's been going down the whole night. Roman listens to the whole story before he turns to Sami and looks down at him sternly. 

"Good work, Zayn." He gives Sami a nod of approval. "Y/N, you can keep him." He turns to you with a softer smile. 

"Good!" You giggle and grab Sami's hand. "Because I fully intend to."