Grayson Waller

Friday morning, well before Smackdown is scheduled to start, Grayson and Austin are booked for a holiday charity event with a few other superstars and talents from the company. Including the current NXT women's champ and Austin's long-time best friend, you. 

"So, how come you've never mentioned this Y/N chick, Austin?" Grayson asks Austin as they make their way through the parking lot of the event center. 

"I don't know." Austin shrugs. "You were on NXT not that long ago. I guess that I just assumed that you knew her." He explains. 

Grayson shakes his head. "Nope. Never heard of her. Is she hot?" He teases Austin with a laugh. 

Austin rolls his eyes and pushes Grayson's arm. "Ew. no!" He sneers. "Y/N's my best friend! She might as well be my sister, man." 

"Yeah yeah." Grayson grins. "Do you remember the number of the booth we're supposed to be at? Because I forgot." He admits. 

Austin groans, having also forgotten what booth they're supposed to be at. He begrudgingly pulls out his phone and dials your number. 

Across the event center, you are helping stack some fake presents up in a neat pile for the display when your phone buzzes in the pocket of your Santa skirt. "Austin? Where are you?" You glance at the caller ID before answering. "You're late by like an hour." You scold him. 

"Yeah, sorry, Y/N." Austin chuckles. "Umm, Grayson and I are kind of lost. What booth are we supposed to meet you at, again?" He asks you. 

"Really, Austin?" You roll your eyes playfully. "We're in booth 43? It's one of the ones near the middle of the center." You explain. 

Austin remains silent for a moment, but you can tell that he's thinking really hard through the phone. "Yeah...and where is that?" He asks you with a sheepish chuckle. 

"You are so useless." You make a lighthearted complaint. "Where are you right now? I'll come get you guys." 

Austin relays his position to you before you hang up on him. You dismiss yourself from the rest of the volunteers for the moment and go in search of your best friend and his new boyfriend. 

A few minutes later Austin and Grayson are chatting while they wait for you to show up. Austin is going on about Smackdown later when he notices Grayson's eyes widen while looking over his shoulder. 

"Grayson?" Austin attempts to get Waller's attention back on him. "What are you staring at?" He asks and turns around to find you heading down the hall toward them. 

"Holy hell, mate. Is that, Y/N?" Grayson asks Austin through a slacked jaw. 

Austin nods and watches you power-walk down the hall in your little Santa jacket and matching skirt. "Yeah, that's her." He nods. "Hey! Stop drooling!" He makes Grayson's chest when he catches the awe-struck look in Grayson's eyes. 

"Austin! There you are!" You strut over to the pair. "And you must be Grayson." You briefly eye Waller standing next to him with a dumbfounded look on his face. 

You wait for Grayson to introduce himself, but Waller remains silent. So, Austin makes the introduction for him. "Yeah, this is Grayson." Austin nods. "I like the outfit by the way. very cute." He teases you.

"Bite me, Austin." You roll your eyes. "Just wait until you see the Santa's helper costumes they have for you two." You tease him right back. "Come on! We still have a lot of stuff to do before people start showing up." 

You turn sharply on your heel and start marching back the way you came. Austin follows at your heels and Grayson finally musters up the will to speak once you're a bit ahead of them. 

"Well, I know what I'm asking Santa for Christmas." Grayson jokes with a cheeky grin. 

"Come on man." Austin groans. 

You make it back to the booth with the boys in tow and promptly put them to work helping set up the display. 

A couple of hours later everyone is taking a small break before the event center opens for the day. You are perched on a crate wrapped to look like a giant present and going over the inventory list when Grayson saunters up to you. 

"Now, if I ask nicely, do you think Santa will stick you under my tree this Christmas?" He asks you with a flirty smile. 

"Oh, so he can speak?" You peer over your checklist. 

Grayson chuckles and is quick to rebound from your little quip. "Yeah, you'll have to forgive me for that." He grins. "But it's not every day that I get to see a woman as stunning as you." 

"Oh my god!" You laugh. "Austin! Please come get your boy before he embarrasses himself some more!" You call out to Austin standing on the other side of the booth. "You're gonna have to try harder than that if you want any action from me, Waller." You inform Grayson with a sly grin. 

"Yeah?" Grayson replies before Austin walks over to him. "Perfect! I love a good challenge, sweetheart." He informs you with a wink before Austin drags him off. 

The event center opens and people start to pour in. The day flies by as you sign autographs, take photos, and hand out merch all day. But seeing all the happy fans makes it all worth it. 

Around lunch, you are taking a small water break while your line is empty and watch Austin and Grayson working their line. You observe Waller harmlessly flirt with a couple of girls who come by the booth for a picture and can't help but roll your eyes. 

"He's cute, isn't he?" One of the volunteers walks up to you while nodding toward Grayson. 

"Maybe a little." You admit. "I think that the accent is doing most of the work though." You joke. 

The volunteer shrugs but agrees with you. "Yeah, but I'm okay with that." She jokes. 

You both laugh and a few kids walk up to your line so you get back to work. 

At the end of the night, everyone is taking down some of the stuff for the booth when Austin and Grayson come up to you again. "Hey, Y/N, Waller and I are gonna grab dinner and drinks after we're done here. You want in?" He asks you. 

"Yeah, sure, I could use dinner and a drink." You nod while tearing down an empty box. "As long as Grayson's buying." You add with a grin. 

"Pleasure is all mine, sweetheart," Grayson replies. "Just promise that you won't change out of that outfit." He teases you. 

You laugh and get back at him. "Only if you keep that one on." You nod to his and Austin's matching Christmas Elf costumes. 

"Hey! We both know I make this work." Grayson replies.