El Phantasmo/Jay White

"Yeah! Kick his ass, Y/N!" Juice cheers for you from the ring apron. 

The AEW crowd hoots and hollers cheers at you and Julia Hart as the two of you go at it in the ring. You and Julia trade a few more blows before you manage to knock her to the mat. You quickly climb to the top rope and hit a picture-perfect moonsault before going for the pin.

Three seconds later, the bell rings and you're declared the victor in the match. Juice rushes into the ring with Austin and Colten and the trio all crowd around you cheering about your victory. 

"Nice work, Y/N." Austin compliments you. 

"Yeah, great job out there." Colten agrees. 

You nod and everyone walks over to the edge of the ring to head backstage. "Thanks guys." You smile at them all. 

Everyone makes their way back to the locker room where Jay is waiting. Austin and Colten have a match later so they walk off to get changed and Juice wanders off to catering. This leaves just you and Jay in the locker room. 

"Nice job out there." Jay compliments you. 

"Thanks." You reply dryly. 

Jay nods and falls silent for a moment before he speaks up again. "So, are you going to tell me what's up with you?" He suddenly asks. "Are we going to do that thing where you're upset but refuse to talk about it? So I ask and you snap at me? Then we're both mad at each other for a week until you eventually just give in and tell me what's up anyway?" He asks you. 

"Who said that something was wrong with me?" You scoff. 

"Y/N." Jay replies. "Come on. Juice might be too dumb to see it. And Austin and Colten might not know you well enough. But I do." He reminds you. "So come on. What's up?" He scoots closer to you. 

You let out a heavy sigh and look at Jay who's patiently waiting for you to answer him. "It's stupid, okay?" You insist. 

"Don't care," Jay replies plainly. "So spill it." 

"I thought I saw Riley yesterday, alright?" You finally burst. jumping to your feet in the process.

Jay falls silent and nods. "Oh." He replies quietly. 

"I told you it was dumb." You shake your head. 

"It's not dumb," Jay argues. "Come on, Y/N. It's alright." He pats your back. "Riley broke your heart. I can understand if you thought you saw him. It's not that big of a deal." He assures you. 

You let out another sigh and set your head on Jay's shoulder. "If it's not such a big deal, then why do I feel like this?" You ask him. 

"Like what?" Jay asks. 

"Like I want to puke. Like I can't get enough air no matter how hard I try. Like I'm gonna bust out crying at any moment." Your vision starts to blur with the threat of tears. 

Jay rubs your arm gently and sighs himself. "That's heartbreak for you, Y/N." He glances down at you. "I'm sorry you feel like shit. But it won't be like this forever, sweetheart." He assures you. 

"Promise?" You glance up at him through blurry eyes. 

"I promise." Jay nods. 

Next week you and Jay are coming back to the hotel after some meet and greet event. You are walking ahead of Jay and telling him about these two sisters that you met at the event that were super cute and bubbly. Jay smiles and listens intently when he suddenly freezes while looking toward the check-in desk on the other side of the lobby. 

"Jay?" You turn around when you notice that Jay has come to a stop. "What are you looking at?" You ask him. 

"Nothing." Jay snaps out of it and puts a hand on your shoulder to turn you back around. "I just remembered that I left something in the rental car." He lies to you. "Go ahead up to the room without me. I'll be there in a minute."