Part 1

The blue sky was shining bright above me as I laid on the hard ground attempting to catch the breath that my brother had just knocked out of me. My blood felt as though it was boiling in my veins, due to the anger coursing through my body. My dark blonde hair was covering my face, causing me to quickly brush it away. I felt my brother kick the bottom of my foot and smacking his sword on a shield, growing impatient that I hadn't already gotten up.

"Come on, Daedra! You can't lie on the ground with self pity in the midst of battle. Get up!" Boromir's voice thundered from above me.

I loudly grunted, snatched my sword up from the ground, and was quickly on my feet once again. I swung my sword high, causing Boromir to lift his sword and shield to block it, leaving the perfect window to kick his leg knocking him down to one knee. As he fell, I swiftly jumped behind him kicking him in the back hard enough that his face hit the dirt. I laughed softly to myself, proud that I had knocked him down, when he quickly turned over and knocked my feet out from under me, landing me once again on my back in the dirt. I grunted as I hit the ground, my sword landing next to me.

"Always stay on your toes." Boromir stated as he hovered above me.

I swiped my feet against his ankles, knocking him back down. I quickly hovered on top of him, pulling s dagger from my boot and holding it to his throat.

"You were saying?" I spat at him as he laid defenseless under my dagger.

Boromir put his hands up in surrender, a proud smile creeping up on his face. I quickly got to my feet, sticking my dagger back down in my boot, and sticking my hand out to help my eldest brother to his feet. He grabbed my hand causing a loud smack, and pulled himself to his feet.

"You are improving, Daedra. Just remember the more fine details." Boromir said to me as he gently messed up my hair.

"I am not a child any longer, brother." I said to him as I swatted his hand away and began fixing my hair.

"You will always be my baby sister. I will forever remember you following mine and Faramir's every step, your blonde curls bouncing at your shoulders while your tiny legs attempted to keep up. I can still hear father yelling after you, trying to get you back into the castle with the ladies."

"He never allowed me outside. I was always stuck learning how to be the perfect wife so he could easily marry me off one day. He never wanted a daughter, and considering I killed our mother in child birth he will always resent me. I'm twenty four now, it's shocking I have made it this long without him sending me off."

"Sister, he truly does love you."

"It's alright brother. I have accepted it. At least I have you and Faramir."

Boromir pulled me into a tight embrace, seemingly washing all of my concerns, worries, and sadnesses away as if he was expelling some curse placed upon me. I tried holding back my tears, but in an instant tears were flowing down my face like a waterfall, wetting Boromir's tunic.

"You're fathers favorite and seemingly our sisters as well considering she hasn't hugged me like that in a long while." I heard Faramir say from behind me.

A smile quickly spread across my face, my tears quickly drying, as I heard his voice. I turned to face him, the smile still spread across my face as I ran to him and pulled him into an embrace. Faramir has always been my favorite, and he was well aware of this fact due to me telling him on multiple occasions. He and I were very close in age, and shared the same distaste in our father. All of my fighting skills were taught to me by him, Boromir only stepped in when Faramir was sent away with his rangers to rid areas of orcs. I always feared he would never return every time our father sent him away.

"You're back!" I exclaimed as he tightly hugged me back, joy filling every inch of my body.

"I made you a promise that I would always come back." Faramir responded, placing a soft kiss atop my head.

"And that is a promise I expect you to always uphold."

"I am sorry to interrupt such a touching moment, but I require the three of you in the throne room immediately." I heard my father, Denethor II the coward steward of Gondor, say from behind Faramir.

I heavily sighed, knowing my father was going to send Faramir off once again. He only ever looked at Boromir with love and adoration, easily tossing Faramir and I aside. Our steps were quick as the three of us walked together to the throne room, awaiting whatever bad news was to spew from my fathers mouth. I began walking to my normal seat next to my father whenever he shared news of sending his son away, only to get a foul look from him and shooed away.

"This meeting is about you, Daedra. Your place is no longer in Gondor." My father said to me, a satisfied look and smile upon his face.

"Father? What do you mean? You're banishing me?" I muttered in disbelief, shock filling my voice as my knees began to shake.

"I have arranged a marriage for you. He should be here any moment."

Faramir gently grabbed my shoulders, holding me steady as my worst fear was coming true. Tears were welling in my eyes, my stomach churning, and my head spinning as I heard the doors open once more. I turned to face the man I was to marry, only to see a man in his late 50s staring back at me, his gray and blonde hair hitting his shoulders while his faded blue eyes were filled with concern. Two men, both with red hair and beards, followed closely behind him. The audible gasps from my brothers were heard throughout the hall, Boromir stepping closer to my father.

"You mean to marry her off to the King of Rohan who is easily twice her age?!" Boromir exclaimed, hoping to change my fathers mind.

"I mean to give him time with her to do as he will. He needs a queen, she will fit that role nicely." My father spat back at my brother.

"Steward of Gondor, I am here to claim what was promised to me." The man finally spoke as he stepped forward.

"And you shall have it. My daughter, Daedra, leaves with you tonight to return to Rohan."