Part 16

The sunlight peaking through the window in my room, seemingly burning through my eyelids, awoke me from the deep and peaceful slumber I had fallen into. I felt Eomer's arm still tightly wrapped around me as I looked up to him, memorizing every feature of his face. Hair still falling perfectly around his face, his lips kiss swollen from our previous nights events, and his chest softly heaving up and down underneath my hand. I smiled at how peaceful and perfect he looked before me as I watched his lips curl into a small smile and one of his eyes peak open to look down on me.

"Are you staring at me, Daedra?" He asked me, my cheeks burning hot at being caught.

"I was, yes. I couldn't help but to look upon your perfect features as you slept." I responded to him as I climbed on top of him, straddling his lap, and placing a soft kiss upon his lips.

"Wanting to have a round two after last night, are we?"

"Maybe."

I leaned back down kissing him more passionately, hearing my bedroom door open behind me, quickly getting off of him and covering myself with the sheet upon my bed.

"Oh! By the GODS! What did I just walk into!" Eowyn yelled as she shielded her eyes with her arm.

"EOWYN! KNOCK!" I yelled at her, Eomer in a fit of laughter next to me.

"Use the LOCK!"

"Eowyn! GET OUT!"

I heard Eowyn mumbling under her breath as she slammed my door shut and began walking down the hall. I fell back on my pillow, using my hands to cover my embarrassed face, Eomer continuing to laugh next to me and pull my hands from my face as he peppered my face and neck with kisses.

"It wasn't that bad." Eomer said as he pulled me into his chest.

"She saw me bare across your lap!" I muttered as I buried my face into his chest.

"I mean you are more than welcome to climb back upon it if you so wished."

"After that? I think not."

I pulled away from him and got up from the bed, putting on one of the many dresses Eowyn had hand made for me once she was told Eomer and I were to marry. I chose the pale green one for today, braiding my hair in the back to make it look elegant yet out of my face. I began flipping the necklace around my neck in my hands, thoughts of the wedding beginning to run within my mind. I felt Eomers strong hands on my upper arms and his lips placing a soft kiss on my cheek as he finished getting dressed.

"It will be alright, my love." Eomer said softly as he pulled his shirt on and began buttoning it up.

"I am just nervous is all. What if I am not the Queen they want me to be? What if something bad happens at the wedding? When are we even having the wedding?" I began to ramble all of my thoughts out loud, hearing Eomer sigh softly behind me before bringing me to my feet and taking my hands in his own.

"I was thinking of having the wedding sooner rather than later, and seeing as though we have already consummated it, I find it fitting. Plus, most of the wedding planning will be left to Eowyn and the other maidens. All you will have to do is decide which flowers, what colors, and pick out your dress. Stop fretting over things you cannot control. All will be well."

"How soon?"

"Next week?"

The shock must have been evident on my face because he pulled me into a tight hug, pulling my face to his chest as he kissed the top of my head.

"Is that too soon, love?" He asked me softly without pulling away from our hug.

"No, no. Just, shocked you wanted the wedding to happen that fast. I have one day to figure out flowers and colors, don't I?" I asked him.

"That would be wise, yes. I will leave and send Eowyn in."

We shared one last kiss before he left my room, and shortly thereafter Eowyn walked in.

"So, next week?" She asked me as she sat down on the bed next to me.

"It appears so. I have already thought the flowers I would like, but I don't know the colors. So I was thinking maybe of just doing the deep red and black. It easiest to come by as those are already Rohan's colors and I am to be the Queen after all. I was thinking red roses for flowers. You would be my maid of honor of course. Oh! And a dress. How would I even go about a dress!" I exclaimed to her as I shot up from the bed and began pacing my room.

"Leave that to me, all you will have to do is go for the fittings. I am your maid of honor after all. You shouldn't have to over stress about things, leave it to me and I will get it taken care of. You just focus on yourself and Eomer. Figure out the rest of the wedding party with him."

"I don't know what I would do without you."

"What are friends for, Daedra. Just, next time my brother is in your room in such an exposed way, please lock the door."

She chuckled softly as she stood up and headed out of my room.

"I am going to the seamstress now, and will let the florist know what you have decided." Eowyn said as she exited my room with a smile.

"Thank you, Eowyn. For everything." I replied back to her as I followed her out of my room.

As I entered the hall, I immediately saw Eomer talking with his uncle about which I could only assume being the wedding, my brother sitting on a bench in the corner of the room with Gimli sitting closely by. I walked to my brother, wanting desperately to ask him to be the one to walk me down the isle.

"Well, good morning little sister. Don't you have a magnificent glow about you today." Aragorn sarcastically said to me as he took a puff off of his pipe.

"Oh shush it! I came over here to ask you a rather important question." I said back to him as I playfully slapped his arm.

"Everyone knows the two of you were spending some quality time together last night, Daedra. You forgot to cover up your love bite." Gimli said from beside Aragorn.

My face began to heat up as my brother and Gimli softly chuckled.

"We are just teasing you, sister. Now what is it that you needed to ask me?" Aragorn said as he stopped laughing and became serious.

"The wedding is next week and well, I need someone to walk me down the isle to my future. I was hoping that you would do that. So, will you?" I asked rather shyly, seeing my brothers face light up with joy.

"Of course I will!"

Aragorn was to his feet and embracing me in a tight hug as soon as the words left his mouth.