Part 10

"Your halls have lessened as of late, Theoden King." The man in grey stated as he kept walking towards Theoden, his arm looped with the blonde haired elf's to keep his balance.

"Why are you here, Gandalf Stormcrow?" Theoden weakly asked, the first words I had heard him speak since he entered his trance.

I watched as Grima whispered something in Theodens ear before standing and beginning to walk towards the four men that had just entered the hall.

"Ill news is an ill guest." Grima spat at the man as he stepped close to him.

"Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I will not be questioned by a witless worm." The man known as Gandalf stated as he raised a white staff in Grima's face.

Grima backed away in utter shock, attempting to run back wards away from him, but Gimli quickly grabbed him and threw him to the floor. Gandalf approached Theoden with his staff in hand, raising his opposite hand to his face trying to break the spell. Theoden let out a horrifying laugh that was no where close to his own.

"You have no power here, Gandalf the grey." Theoden said in a menacing voice.

Gandalf quickly pulled the grey cloak off, revealing his bright white robes underneath. The light pouring off of them was almost blinding. As he dropped the grey cloak, the doors to the hall opened once more and Eomer quickly walked in, rushing to my side.

"What is going on?" Eomer asked me as he stood and watched Gandalf push Theoden back in his throne with the power of his staff.

"He is attempting to release the spell on Theoden. We must let him do this and not interfere." I stated back to him.

Eowyn went to rush to Theodens side as Gandalf forced him back in his throne once more, but I quickly grabbed her arms and held her back.

"Eowyn, we must wait!" I sternly said to her.

Theoden lunged at Gandalf, and with one swift move he powerfully pushed him back into the throne, seemingly knocking him out. As his eyes opened once more, the blue hue returned, and the long grey hair and beard was back to its normal length and color. The wrinkles that littered his face disappeared, and the old Theoden was back. I smiled as I released Eowyn and she rushed to his side.

"Uncle!" She yelled as she pulled him into an embrace.

Hama was quick to be in front of Theoden, holding out his sword to him. Theoden gently grabbed the hilt and pulled it out of its sheath. He looked to Grima, who was still being held to the ground by Gimli, giving him a terrifying look as he chased him out the hall doors and threw him down the stairs. He raised his sword to cut the head off the snake, only for my brother to grab his arms and stop him.

"Enough blood has been spilled on his account!" Aragorn shouted, helping Theoden to lower his sword.

Grima scrambled to his feet and took off to his horse, leaving the lands of Rohan. I walked back into the hall, headed to my room once more when I felt a hand grasp my lower arm and spin me around. I was greeted with the beautiful green gaze of Eomer. A smile was broadly plastered across his face as our eyes met.

"You saved my Uncle, Daedra. I do not know how to thank you for everything you have done." Eomer stated to me as he dropped his hand from my arm and gently grasped my hands.

My stomach began to do flips at his kind gesture, and as he took a small step towards me. His hands felt so gentle inside my own, the soft but calloused palms holding mine. His eyes roamed over my face, as if he was trying to memorize every feature.

"I was only returning the favor. He saved my life, so I helped save his. Besides, Gandalf did all the work, I just made the kingdom aware of the treachery." I replied back, watching his eyes as they slowly made their way back to mine.

The smile on his face went softer, his hands left mine and instead were placed gently on my waist as he once again stepped closer to me. He gently used one of his hands to brush strands of my hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear. I closed my eyes at his gentle touch, trying to calm the nerves that were doing flips inside my stomach.

"I can think of many ways to thank you, Daedra, but this is the first thing that came to mind." Eomer said as he put a hand gently on my face and began to pull my face to his.

I closed my eyes, anticipating the feel of his lips upon mine, when I heard footsteps coming down the hall.

"Daedra, I have been looking everywhere for you." I heard Eowyn start before abruptly stopping what she was saying as she saw her brother and I standing the way that we were.

Eomer let out a long sigh, and I dropped my head in disappointment. Eomer dropped his hands from me and turned to face his sister.

"Eowyn, can you please give us a moments privacy? Why would you be looking for her right now in the first place?" Eomer asked his sister making it very clear at how frustrated he truly was.

"I wanted to thank her for what she did to help our uncle, but I see you are well on your way to doing that. I am sorry for interrupting, I will take my leave." Eowyn said with a red face and a smile.

"That would be appreciated."

I began to softly giggle under my breath as I heard her footsteps start to walk back down the hall away from us. My head was still dropped as my gaze was centered on the floor.

"Eomer, I am sorry if I-" I started to say before his hand was once again on the side of my face pulling me to him.

"Don't you dare." Eomer said softly, interrupting me, his face mere centimeters from mine.

I smiled at his response before his lips crashed down upon mine in a heated kiss. The kiss felt as though it was way over due, the want and need within it took over my entire body as his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck intertwining my fingers in his hair. He gently pushed me up against the nearest wall, his body pressing tightly against mine. His tongue swept my bottom lip, begging for entrance to which I happily obliged wanting to feel every part of him that I was allowed. As we began to get more heated together, he slowly pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"As much as I want this, I cannot. I want to do this properly." He softly said to me as he lifted his head and looked me in the eyes.

"Do what properly, Eomer. I am confused." I stated, confused and hurt that he didn't want me in the same way that I wanted him.

"To court you, Daedra. To make you mine."