Part 2

The wave of emotions that overcame my body was overwhelming, tears pouring out of my eyes as I stood in shock, looking upon the face of the man my father was forcing me to marry. I was desperately trying to form words, it was as if my voice had been entirely taken away from me as I opened my mouth to speak and only a small squeak coming out. I turned my head, looking at my father, wondering what his thought process was when he made the decision to send his only daughter away to an unknown kingdom with a man twice her age.

"Why?" I choked out, barely a whisper.

"Be happy, daughter, that this is the punishment you are receiving. At least you will have a husband that will provide for you. You should be grateful." My father said with a smug smile on his face.

"Have you lost your mind, father?! You are sending her to a place she has no knowledge of, to marry a man twice her age and rule over his kingdom at his side. You would so easily send your only daughter away?" Faramir spoke up and said, trying to come to my defense.

"Coming from the son who is no more than a complete disappointment. You will do well to keep your mouth shut and mind your own business. I will discuss this no further, Theoden will take her back to his kingdom tonight."

My legs began to shake, my body willing me to crumple to the floor and cry, but with the support of my brothers I was walked back to my chambers to pack. The walk was an agonizing one, considering all my thoughts were lingering on where I was going and what I was to do. I walked to my bed, collapsing on top of it and putting my head in my hands as tears began to flow down my face. Faramir crouched down in front of me, holding my forearms in his hands and gently pulling them away to look me in the eyes. His blue eyes were filled with sadness and worry as he looked back at me. Boromir was leaning against the door as he shut it behind him, his face clearly showing that he was deep in thought at how to stop what was happening.

"Everything will be alright, sister. I will visit as often as I can, and I will kill anyone that harms a hair on your head." Faramir said to me with a smile, trying to cheer me up.

"Rohan isn't a bad place, its people are very accepting and kind. I cannot say how Theoden acts as I do not know the man personally, but I believe you will at least be safe there." Boromir spoke up and said as he walked to me and sat next to me.

"You expect me to be okay with being sent away like this?" I asked in between sobs as Faramir took my hands in his, attempting to comfort me.

"No one is expecting you to be okay with this, Daedra. But, you have no choice but to go." Boromir said from beside me.

I quickly got up off of my bed and began walking towards the door. I didn't know where I was going, but I just wanted to be away. My first thought was going to the stables, mounting my horse, and riding as far away as possible to get out of this, but where would I go? As my thoughts deepened on the matter of running far away, I was stopped in the hallway.

"My lady, King Theoden is requesting you in the dining hall." One of the red haired men that were with him said to me kindly.

"Then I shall meet him there." I said quietly, slowly following the man to our destination.

As I entered the dining hall the only people present were Theoden, myself, and his two guards. I walked to him and curtseyed, showing respect to him.

"I was told you requested my company, my lord. What is it you would have me do?" I asked him, trying not to choke on my own words.

"There is nothing I need you to do, Daedra. I just wanted to speak with you in privacy without your father around. You need to know the truth about all of this my dear." Theoden said to me, kindness filling his voice.

"I have been told the truth. I am to ride with you back to your kingdom and marry you because your people need a Queen. I have been trained for this since I was a young child, and if I shall mess up in any way I would expect you to rid me of your company."

"Daedra. I do not expect you to become my wife, that is a falsehood to get you out of the situation your father was about to put you in."

"What situation?"

"Your father was in the process of selling you to the highest bidder. The man that had bid the highest is not someone you would have enjoyed the company of. He was bidding on you only for you to birth his children and once he was tired of you he would have killed you and thrown you in a river. I heard of this from one of my riders, causing me to reach out to your father asking for your hand in marriage. You are far more important than you realize. I am unsure how you came to be in the care of Denethor, but he is not your true father."

"You mean to tell me that all these years I believed that the man that raised me is not my father? Who are my parents, and why was I left on this mans doorstep."

"Your parents are long passed away, but you have a brother that is still alive. You were left to Denethor in hopes you would be able to take the throne one day, due to the fact your brother was thought to be long dead. Recently, Gandalf the grey has found him, alive and well living amongst the elves."

Theoden took a step closer to me, holding my hands in his and looking me deeply in the eyes.

"Who is he?" I asked softly, still shocked at what had just been revealed to me.

"He is known by many as Strider, but his true name is Aragorn."