Part 3

I was having trouble wrapping my head around what was just revealed to me, causing my head to spin and thoughts to race through my mind. I pulled my hands away from Theodens, and began pacing back and forth in a clear panic. The man I thought was my father all these years was an imposter, no wonder he hated me so much he was terrified I would take the throne away from him because it was my true birth right. The thoughts racing through my mind were causing my eyes to well with tears, my hands to tremble with anger, and my legs to keep pacing back and forth to keep myself preoccupied.

"What happened to my parents?" I softly asked, not really wanting the answer but knowing I needed it.

"Your father died in a battle, and your mother died in Rivendell amongst the elves. Her body is buried there to this day, your brother is still living there from the knowledge I have recently received. You and your brother are part of the Dunedain, a race of men that are blessed with long life." Theoden responded to me, honesty filling his voice.

"Does he know I exist?"

"He is aware of your existence, yes. Although, he thought Denethor would have killed you long before now, so he is unaware that you are alive and well. That is the reason I am taking you to Rohan, he is set to be there in the coming days."

I nodded my head, still in disbelief at what I was being told but at the same time trying to accept it. I curtseyed to him once more before taking my leave and heading back to Boromir and Faramir in my chambers. As I opened the door, both of them were sitting on the edge of my bed, deep in discussion with one another.

"Did you know?" I quietly asked them, causing both of them to give me a shocked expression.

"Know what, Daedra?" Faramir asked as he stood up and made his way over to me.

"That I am not truly your sister."

"Daedra, listen-" Boromir started, but I abruptly cut him off.

"How could you not tell me? I trusted the two of you, and you allowed him to treat me horribly all these years and did nothing!"

"What were we supposed to do, Daedra? Tell you that your parents were dead? That the only family you had left was dead? We wanted you to have family, so we took you in and loved you as though you were. You have always been special to us, and it will continue to stay that way until the end of our days." Faramir said to me, attempting to calm me down.

"I must get going, I have a man to marry and a kingdom to become the Queen of."

I lied to them, not knowing if I could trust them to not tell Denethor that I knew my true parentage, and to not tell him that the marriage was a falsehood to get me out of Gondor. I swiftly turned my back and began walking to the gates where Theoden and his men were waiting for me. I was given the reigns of a horse and the four of us left Gondor, not looking back and heading towards my new home.

As we arrived in Edoras, the capital of Rohan, we were greeted by the citizens gathered outside the gates awaiting our arrival. I could hear their soft murmurs amongst one another asking who I was. Theoden and I dismounted our horses, and walked together into his dining hall, where a young woman was waiting. She ran to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Another woman living in the castle! How splendid! I hope we can become fast friends, my lady. It gets very tiresome being the only female dealing with all of these men." She said to me as she backed away from me and brushed her long blonde hair away from her face, a smile lighting up her face.

"I am sure we will be fast friends. It is nice to see another female face, I was worried I would have been the only one." I chuckled, smiling back at her.

"My name is Eowyn. Theoden is my Uncle, he took my brother and I in when our parents died many years ago."

"I'm Daedra."

"Eowyn, my dear, would you show Daedra to her room?" Theoden asked kindly behind us.

"Of course, Uncle. Follow me, Daedra. Your room is next to mine." Eowyn said to me as she began walking down the hall to my room.

As we entered the room, it was quite larger than the room I had back in Gondor, a bed twice the size and even bookshelves filled with books. I was looking around in awe when I heard Eowyn speak from behind me.

"I know it isn't much, probably nothing like what you had in Gondor, but we are simple people here in Edoras." Eowyn said softly with a laugh.

"You would be right, it is not anything like what I had in Gondor. It is much larger, a more comfortable bed, bookshelves filled with books. And even a window I could look out of if I so pleased." I responded to her, still looking around the room.

"You didn't even have a window?"

"No, I wasn't permitted to look outside because according to my father ladies stayed inside and never day dreamed about what it was like outside the city. I wasn't allowed to read or write, even though my brothers taught me at a young age how to and I have loved it ever since."

Eowyn was astonished at what I had just confessed to her, and walked to me taking my hands in hers.

"Can you fight?" She asked me softly.

"Yes, that is another thing my brothers taught me." I responded with a smile.

"Good, the women of Edoras are all fighters. We are known as Shieldmaidens. When my brother returns, do not allow him to intimidate you, because he will surely try."

I smiled at her, and together we walked back to the dining hall to meet back with Theoden. As we entered, I saw a man standing in front of him, his shoulder length blonde hair pulled back on the sides in braids, his red and gold armor glinting in the sunlight that was barely peaking through a window, and his helmet tucked under his arm. I couldn't see his face as his back was to me as he was talking to Theoden who was sitting on the throne. As we walked up, he turned and looked at me, a smile on his face.

"This is Daedra, Eomer." Theoden said as he stood up from the throne to stand in front of us.

"Well met, Daedra the sister of Aragorn, the true king of Gondor." Eomer said to me, his green eyes looking deeply into my own before he closed them and bowed to me slightly.

This man was going to be the death of me.