Part 5

The next few days consisted of Aragorn and I spending more time together, actually trying to get to know one another. He took me on many rides through the hills of Rohan, and even taught me more fighting skills. I had gotten quite better in that particular area, learning how to shoot a bow on the ground and on horseback. I often caught myself thinking about what it would have been like to actually grow up with him instead of being left with Denethor, but quickly pulled myself out of those thoughts and focused on the here and now. On this particular evening, Aragorn and I were riding through the hills, like we did every other day, when we spotted a horde of orcs coming our way. We exchanged worried glances before turning our horses around and bolting into Edoras.

"I thought the orcs had been exterminated?!" I shouted at him as the breeze was whipping through my hair due to my horse running so fast to the city.

"I thought so as well. We need to get back quickly and inform the King." Aragorn shouted back as he kicked his horse in the sides, signaling it to run faster.

I followed closely behind him as we entered the gates of Edoras and quickly dismounted in front of the hall doors, running inside.

"Orcs! There are orcs headed this way." Aragorn shouted as he entered the doors of the hall.

Theoden shot up from his throne in shock and ran to the both of us. As he did this, everyone in the hall was to their feet and running out the doors including myself and Aragorn. I grabbed the nearest sword I saw laying on a table before running outside and mounting my bay colored horse. Eomer was next to me in an instant, grabbing the reigns of my horse so I couldn't leave.

"You need to stay here, my lady. Let the Rohirrim handle this." He said to me calmly, trying to get me to stay behind.

"I am going. My brother is venturing out there to help, and I can fight. I will be going with or without your permission." I said as I jerked the reigns out of his hand and began running with my brother back to the hills, still wearing the light blue dress I had put on that morning.

I rode up next to my brother, our eyes meeting and him giving me an approving smile and nod. As we all rode out, we quickly met with the horde of orcs that were headed to Edoras. I pulled my sword and quickly sliced the head off of the first one I came across, watching as the rest of Eomers command and Aragorn did the same. I was the only woman on the battle field, and was keeping up with all of the men easily. I followed the lead of the rest of them as they all dismounted and began hacking and slashing at the orcs surrounding all of us. Aragorn was by my side, making sure to watch my back so I didn't have the chance of a surprise attack from behind. The orcs were soon to be all dead, and I began looking around for the rest when I saw one running up behind Eomer as he was fighting one, trying to stick their sword into his back to kill him. I threw my sword directly at it, hitting it in the chest, killing it instantly. Eomer looked to me in shock at what I had just done, and nodded in appreciation before mounting his horse once more.

"Rohirrim! Ride around the hills and check for more orcs before returning to the city! Make sure our people are safe!" Eomer shouted to his men.

I mounted my horse quickly next to Aragorn, preparing to ride the hills along with the rest of the men when Eomer rode his horse in front of mine, stopping me.

"My lady, your fighting skills are very impressive, but it is time for you to return to the city. Me and my men can handle this from here, and I would rather see you safe." He said to me, making sure to say it in a tone as to not cause offense towards me.

Aragorn rode up next to me and nodded in agreement before escorting me back to the city. As we walked back into the hall together, Eowyn was quickly to my side making sure I was alright.

"Eowyn, I am fine. It's the orcs blood not my own. Although, I really could use a bath." I said with a slight chuckle, gaining a relieved smile out of her.

"I will have the servants draw you a bath, Daedra." She responded with a laugh.

I immediately went to my room, quickly pulling off the now ruined dress and throwing it across the room to be thrown out at a later date. The servants brought in a large bath tub and quickly began filling it with water so I was able to wash the blood off of my body. I sunk down in the water, quickly shooing the servants away, relaxing in the lukewarm bath water, making sure to thoroughly clean all of the orc blood off of my body. After bathing and smelling way nicer than I had before, I changed into a pale yellow dress with an embroidered silver belt and neckline. I brushed through my long dark blonde hair, leaving it to cascade down my back as I walked out of my room and headed back to the hall. I walked to Eowyn's side, awaiting all of the men to return, when I heard a loud yell from the back of the hall.

"It has been found! The One Ring has been found!"