Part 17

Two short days had passed since Eomer had told me he wanted the wedding the following week, and I was headed to the first dress fitting at the seamstress. Eowyn was walking by my side, her soft and excited voice never ceasing as she was discussing more wedding details with me, but my mind was wondering elsewhere. I couldn't help but to constantly be thinking of all of the bad things that could take place at the wedding or even before hand, the nerves causing me to become extremely nauseous and having to stop mid stride to puke on the edge of the road we were walking along.

"Daedra? Are you alright?" Eowyn asked as she rushed to my side and brushed the hair from the side of my face as I was bent over from vomiting.

"Eowyn, I am terrified." I softly said to her, the tears beginning to pool at the corners of my eyes.

"What are you so terrified of?"

"What if when I turn the corner he isn't there? What if he changes his mind about all of this and decides he doesn't want to marry? What if the dress doesn't fit the morning of the wedding?"

Eowyn pulled me up to stand up straight, pushing hair out of my face and placing her hands on my upper arms, her eyes looking deeply into my own with a smile on her face.

"Stop that mess this instant. My brother will be standing there waiting for you and you know it. Your dress will fit perfectly fine on your wedding day, I will make sure of that and so will the seamstress. And what could possibly go so terribly wrong on the wedding day that could cause this concern within your mind? All will be well, Daedra. It is normal to be scared, but you mustn't let it effect you like this!" Eowyn said to me sweetly, with an undertone of sternness so I could get my mind to calm down once more.

"Thank you, Eowyn." I said to her as I pulled her into a hug and smiled softly.

"Now, lets get you to the seamstress to try on this dress!"

Eowyn and I continued our walk to the seamstress' home, her assuring me everything was in order for the wedding in a few days, my mind finally calming down enough to comprehend what she was saying to me and the nausea dissipating from my body. Eowyn knocked softly on the door of the quaint little home, shooting an excited smile over her shoulder at me as the door opened. A woman, probably around the age of fifty was standing in the door way, her dark brown hair with silver streaks in it pulled behind her head loosely, a stressed smile slowly spreading across her face as she looked to me.

"My lady, how wonderful it is to meet the future King's bride in person. Right this way, your dress is awaiting your arrival." The woman said as she ushered Eowyn and I inside her home and into a back room.

As I turned the corner, the most beautiful dress I had ever seen was before me. It had sleeves that were off the shoulder lace, the skirt flowing to the ground with a slight train behind it, a corset that was interlaced with the most beautiful red lace ribbons, and tiny lace red roses sewed throughout the skirt. The red and white of the dress seemingly went perfect together, the dress made to emanate the exact dream dress I had envisioned since I was a little girl. I smiled brightly, tears flowing down my face as I looked at the gorgeous dress before me. I couldn't wait to actually put it upon my body. I made my way over to the dress, my hand drifting to one of the sleeves and holding it within it. Eowyn was at my side, a hand on my shoulder, encouraging me to finally try it on. With the help of Eowyn and the seamstress, the dress was pulled over my body from above my head, and the waist cinched to my exact body shape with the red lace within the corset. I walked to the large mirror in the room, looking upon the site before me, tears still steadily flowing from my eyes. Eowyn quickly embraced me in a tight hug, happiness radiating off of her that I truly loved the dress she had made just for me.

"So, I have a surprise for you." Eowyn said as she pulled away from me and looked into my eyes.

"A surprise better than the most beautiful gown I have ever laid my eyes on?" I asked her with a slight giggle upon my voice.

"Well, I guess it isn't better than THAT, but it is a pretty good surprise in my opinion. But, in order for you to see your surprise you have to hurry and get changed out of your gown so we may get back to the hall."

With the help of Eowyn, I quickly and carefully changed out of my wedding dress and back into my green dress, following her back to the hall. The entire walk I was trying to figure out in my head what the surprise she had for me possibly could be, but nothing seemed to be sticking within my mind. I looked upon the doors of the hall, my brother smiling outside as we got to the top of the stairs.

"What are you grinning about?" I asked him with a laugh.

"Your surprise." Aragorn responded as he opened the door for Eowyn and I, guiding us in before following closely behind.

Everything in the hall looked exactly the same, except for a man standing before Eomer talking, his arm in a makeshift sling as his coat was hung loosely around his shoulders. Eomer's eyes met mine, a smile spreading across his face as I began walking towards the two men. I watched as Eomer patted the mans upper arm and instructed him to turn around as I approached. As the man did so, I met a familiar face that had a smile plastered across it.

"Faramir?" I muttered, the shock evident upon my voice.

"Hello, Daedra. My have I missed you. Look at you now! Getting married and becoming a shieldmaiden, who would have thought this is what you would have become." Faramir stated as his eyes filled with joyful tears.

I forcefully pulled him into a hug, his free arm wrapping tightly around me. Happiness was coursing through my veins as I embraced him, the worry of never seeing him again washing away as I could feel him holding me tightly in a hug once more.

"I have missed you, Faramir." I muttered to him as we pulled away from our hug.

"And I you. Eowyn wrote me to inform me of your wedding, so I knew I had to quickly make my way to Edoras to attend. Hopefully I am able to stick around for quite a while." Faramir said as he glanced over my shoulder and looked to Eowyn.

I looked back at her, seeing her face turn a bright red before she quickly turned her back and walked away. I turned back around to look at Faramir's face, raising my eyebrows questioningly at him, only for him to give me a shy shrug in return. I laughed as I walked to Eomer and planted a soft kiss upon his cheek. He grabbed my hand with a smile, placing a kiss upon my knuckles.

"I have one more surprise for you today, my love." Eomer sweetly said to me as he intertwined our fingers.