Part 11

The next morning, I awoke, thinking all of the events prior was just a dream. My lips still felt the tingling of Eomers upon my own, the feeling of his hair intertwined between my fingers, the heat of his body as he pressed against me. I gently brushed my lips with the tips of my fingers, smiling at the mere thought of sharing an extraordinary kiss with him. I quickly got out of bed, walking to my wardrobe to put on one of the many dresses that were given to me, choosing a deep red with black outlines upon it. I brushed through my long hair, pulling it softly up into a braided bun only leaving strands hanging down to frame my face. As I went to leave my room, I opened the door only to be greeted with a bouquet of flowers and a handwritten note laying on the ground before me. I picked up the beautiful flowers and note, making sure to smell them as I opened the letter to read it.

Daedra,

Last night was the most magical night I have had in some time. The feeling of your soft lips upon mine, the feeling that rushed through my body as our bodies were pressed together was unlike any other feeling I have ever felt. That is the moment I knew I had to make you mine. I couldn't have dreamed of a better woman to be with, and I really wanted to do this properly. Meet me in the gardens at noon. I truly look forward to seeing your beautiful face.

Love always,
Eomer

I smiled as I read his handwritten letter, once again smelling the flowers in my hand, not hearing the footsteps approaching from down the hall. I looked up just in time to meet the eyes of Eowyn standing before me.

"I don't believe I have ever seen my brother this happy. He truly cares for you, and it is very apparent that you care for him." She said to me, a smile plastered across her face.

"I truly do. I cannot explain it, it just feels right." I said to her, a smile creeping across my face at my own revelation.

"The two of you were made for each other. Now go! You shouldn't be late meeting him in the gardens!"

I smiled as I set the flowers down on the edge of my bed and swiftly made my way to the gardens, the anticipation growing inside my stomach, and the eagerness to see him once again. I saw him standing in the middle of the garden, turning something back and forth in his hands, and without him knowing I quickly walked up behind him and put my hands over his eyes from behind.

"Guess who?" I said with a giggle as I heard him chuckle at my childish behavior.

"Hummmm. I am not sure, that is a tough one. But guessing on that adorable giggle and that voice like honey, I am going to say Daedra." He responded as he put his hands over my own pulling them down and turning around to face me.

"Well, I suppose you would be right now wouldn't you?"

"I suppose I would."

Eomer placed his hand gently under my chin and brought my lips to his in a soft kiss. The warmth of his body radiating off of him and barely hitting my own, making me want to grab him and pull him into me. Instead, I softly placed my hands on his chest as he pulled away from the kiss and pulled me into an embrace, our bodies pressed together the exact way I craved. As we pulled apart, Eomer looked deeply into my eyes almost as though something was on his mind.

"Daedra, there is something I want to give you." He softly said to me as he pulled something out of his pocket, breaking our eye contact and looking at the ground.

"Why are you so nervous, Eomer? Is everything alright?" I said to him as I put my hand on the side of his face in reassurance.

"Nothing is wrong. This is what I wanted to give you."

Eomer grasped my hand, turning it over and placing the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen inside my hand. It was a golden pendant in the shape of a diamond, with sapphires at every point, and hanging from a golden chain. I gasped at its beauty as he lifted it by the chain to let me see all of it in its glory. I looked him in the eyes, a smile upon my face.

"Would you like to put it on?" He softly asked me, not breaking the eye contact I had made.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

I turned around and felt him put the necklace upon my neck, clasping it behind my neck. He gently laid his hands on my shoulders before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on my neck. I closed my eyes, taking in the feelings he was making rush through my entire body, chills running up and down my spine.

"This necklace signifies our love, Daedra. It is given to the future Queen of Rohan." Eomer whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my neck.

"You wish to make me your Queen?" I asked him as I turned to face him.

"I do, my love."

Eomer once again gently kissed my lips before grabbing my hand and leading me back inside.

"Where are we going?" I asked him softly.

"To tell my uncle of our betrothal." Eomer said, his face beaming with pure joy.

I eagerly followed him back inside until we reached the throne in which Theoden was sitting upon. The look upon his face was of happiness, and honestly a little frustration.

"I see you have finally asked her to be your Queen. The only frustration and question I have is, what took you so long nephew? I saw the constant glances between the two of you, the longing for one another's company." Theoden said with a smile as he stood from his throne and made his way to the two of us.

"I was too much of a coward, Uncle. I feared her rejection, but when I kissed her for the first time in the hall way, the way she accepted my touch and the feelings I got from her lips upon mine, that was when I knew I loved her and I needed her to be in my life." Eomer answered him with a smile as his eyes connected with mine.

"So, when's the wedding?"