Part 14

The men upon the walls, and even the elves that had come to assist us in this fight were all fear stricken, the silence almost unbearable between them. I looked to Aragorn at my side as he raised his sword, preparing to order the elves to fire. As he did so, I raised my own bow, firing alongside the elven soldiers. Our target was hit every time, hope filling us all when ladders were seen being pushed upon the side of the wall, orcs climbing them quickly.

"Ladders!" Aragorn yelled from beside me, readying his sword.

I slung my bow across my back once more, pulling my daggers to begin slashing away at any orc that come up over the wall. Screams of men and elves alike were filling the air around us, the sight of an orc running towards the wall with a torch catching my eye.

"Aragorn!" I screamed, pointing in the direction of the orc.

"Legolas! Kill him!" Aragorn screamed as Legolas pulled his arrow back firing an arrow directly into the orcs shoulder.

Legolas fired several arrows into the orcs body, only for him to land with his torch in the opening of the wall, it blowing up soon after. Aragorn was thrown from the wall, landing on the ground nearby unconscious.

"Aragorn!" I screamed as I jumped off of the wall to him, orcs rushing around me.

"Daedra!" I heard Gimli shout as he jumped off of the wall into the middle of the swarm of orcs that were fast approaching.

I pulled my daggers from my side, prepared to defend my brother as he got up off of the ground and quickly pulled his own sword. The elves behind us all fired their arrows in sync, killing the orcs around Gimli saving his life. I lifted my daggers as my brother did his sword, charging the orcs, cutting of any of their heads I could come across.

"Fall back! To the Keep!" I heard Theoden yelling, all of us soldiers following his orders.

As we got into the keep, quickly shutting the doors behind us, Aragorn ran to Theoden. I bent over, resting my hands on my thighs as I tried to catch my breath. Sweat was trickling down the back of my neck, my hair matted to my forehead at the wetness caused from it.

"What do we do against such reckless hate?" Theoden asked, my eyes drifting to the sunlight beginning to peak through the window.

"Dawn is approaching." I heard Gimli say softly next to Aragorn.

"Ride out and meet them." Aragorn said to Theoden, a look of hope upon both of their faces.

Horses were quickly brought to each of us, even one for myself against my brothers protest. I positioned myself directly behind him, awaiting the gates to be opened to charge forward, my sword drawn.

"Forth Eorlingas!" Theoden screamed as the gates opened as we charged into the horde of orcs.

The anger writhing inside of my body was the guiding force in killing so quickly and easily. The worry for my dear Eomer still ever present in my mind, but I was directly concerned with protecting the people at this particular time. As the sun began to shine brighter over the ridge, I saw a beautiful white horse rear on top of the ridge.

"Gandalf." Aragorn and I whispered together.

I watched as a soldier rode up next to him, raising his sword to his men, his blonde hair swaying with the breeze. Relief flooded me, the tightness within my chest disappearing as I heard his voice across the valley.

"TO THE KING!" I heard that deep voice belonging to my beloved scream.

"Eomer!" Happiness once again filled my body as I watched the hundreds of soldiers charge down the hill towards us.

I rode as fast as I could to the front of the orcs, slashing my way through to join the charging soldiers. Aragorn directly behind me.

It seemed as though only minutes passed until the battle was over, orc bodies littering the ground around the Deep. I couldn't contain my smile as we reentered the keep, the battle won, and ran directly into Eomer's awaiting arms. His chest seemed to loosen at my touch, relief flooding through him as it did with me when I saw him atop the ridge. I felt his nose nestle into the top of my hair, inhaling my scent as he tightened his grip around my waist.

"You're okay." I sobbed into his chest, his face buried in my hair.

"As are you. Although, I distinctly remember telling your brother to keep you safe. What were you doing in battle, love?" Eomer asked me as he pulled away slightly to look in my eyes.

"I had to defend my people."

Eomer cupped my face with both of his hands, planting a forceful kiss upon my lips that was filled with passion and need. I gladly reciprocated the kiss, my hands resting on his chest attempting to deepen it further, the heat of battle still raging in my veins. Our tongues in a battle of their own within our mouths, one trying to take over the other as our bodies began to melt into one.

"Ahem." I heard someone clear their throat behind us, causing us to pull away from one another. My brother standing behind us with eyes wide clearly uncomfortable at our public show of affection.

"Let us celebrate! The battle won!" Theoden yelled, men cheering all around us.

Later in the evening, after bathing myself and changing into a pale blue dress, I walked back into the center of the keep to celebrate with everyone at the battle won. The beautiful necklace from Eomer still hanging around my neck, a silver tiara placed upon my head at the request of Eowyn. As I exited the room I was given, Eowyn was in the hallway to greet me.

"You look marvelous this evening, Daedra." Eowyn said to me as we walked side by side to the celebrations.

"Thank you, my lady. As do you." I said to her as we entered the room.

There were many men scattered about, loud cheering and even some singing, loud laughs riddling the room. I scanned my eyes all over, hoping to see Eomer's gaze, quickly seeing him standing with Legolas and Gimli in the middle of a drinking game. I giggled to myself as I walked to his side, watching Gimli loudly laugh before falling off of his chair and hitting the ground.

"Well, game over." I heard Legolas say from beside me, Eomer's gaze quickly turning to me as he acknowledged what Legolas said.

Eomer's eyes looked me up and down, his hands moving quickly to set down his drink and pull me into him by my waist.

"Your beauty is truly radiating tonight, my love. The tiara suits you." He said to me as he kissed my forehead sweetly, grasped my hands and led me to the table where two hobbits were dancing and singing.

I began to clap along to the song, smiling at the truly adorable display, feeling an arm wrap itself around my waist, and hot breath close to my ear.

"I know you have just arrived, but we could always celebrate on our own." Eomer's sultry voice whispered in my ear, sending a chill running up my spine and a blush to my cheeks.

"What are you suggesting?" I softly asked back.

"My room or yours?"