[ 11 ]

Emily Mills.

I was pacing around the room.

Had I really seen that? Or was it my imagination?

No, it was definitely real. The blood - so dark and red. It was real.

I had seen him kill someone! A young guy too, around my age!

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

I snap my head towards the door when I hear two knocks.

I don't answer which somehow means that I'm inviting them in? Um, no. It means I don't want to be disturbed.

I look over to the door and see that its Aidan. "Aidan?"

"I just came to talk." He came and sat on mine and Elliot's bed. "I know what you saw must be..."

"Scarring? Scary? Fucking insane?!"

"Yeah, those." He took a deep sigh. "You shouldn't be scared of Elliot."

"B-but! He just killed that guy! He looked around my age! What if it was me?!"

"Elliot wouldn't hurt you and you know that."

"Well, now I don't."

"You need to trust him. He obviously killed him for a reason."

"And that reason would be?"

"I don't know. All I know is that he's a rogue. He must've done something bad. But Emily, you can't be scared of Elliot. He's only trying to protect you and this pack from dangerous things."

How the fuck is he so calm?! Because its normal for them.

"I can't. He looked so angry and-and it frightens me! He frightens me."

"Alpha is going to kill me for this." He mutters. He gets up and pulls me into a hug. "Look, just go talk to him okay?"

"I'm scared of him."

"You shouldn't be. He's your mate. Your one true love and you don't need to be afraid of him. So please, go talk to him. He might tell you his reason behind what he did. Maybe it'll give you comfort of some sort?"

"Okay." I look up at him. "Thank you."

"Sure thing, Em." He pulls away from the hug and I head off to go find Elliott.

But, lucky for me I didn't have to go too far because Elliot happened to be standing right outside the room. "Emily-"

"Explain it to me, please?"

"Please don't be scared of me."

"You heard?"

"I may or may not have eavesdropped. And why do you smell like Aidan?"

"He gave me a hug." Elliot growled and was about to storm off into our room but I stopped him by pressing y hand to his chest. "He was only comforting me. I was upset and scared."

"I should be the comforting you not him."

"But I wouldn't want you being the comforting me if I'm scared of you, would I?" I saw him flinch the tiniest bit and his eyes soften.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I don't know, snapping? You seeing that? Everything I guess."