[ 22 ]

"Mum, I'm back!"

"Oh, good! I heard that- What's he doing here?"

"Yeah... Um, what did you hear?"

"Scott, your old boyfriend just got beaten up! Would you like to go see him? His mum had just called me and told me. Oh, how terrible." I was holding onto Elliot's hand and by now, my grip on his hand tightened. He squeezed my hand and smiled down at me reassuringly.

"No thank you."

"Didn't you guys end on good terms?"

"I'm sorry to be rude, but she said no."

"What are you doing here?" She repeats.

"I've come-"

"Let me do this." I tell him. "Mum, we're back together." It was silent for a bit. Then, all hell broke loose.

"YOU ARE BACK TOGETHER WITH HIM?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? HUH? HE BROKE YOUR HEART AND WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU LET HIM RIGHT BACK INTO IT! ARE YOU STU-"

"That's enough, darling." Thank you, dad. "She's young, they're mates. We know that mates are inseparable so we have to let them be."

"Bu-"

"No, they're better off together than apart. Do you really want to see her heartbroken like she was this whole week?"

"Well she's going to be if she stays with him!!"

"No I won't mum. We had an argument and we took a break, okay? We've made up now and-"

"You guys had sex, didn't you? That's why you guys are getting back together and-"

"That's enough, darling. Stop, don't you want our daughter to be happy?"

"I do but... I don't want my baby going away again."

"Mum, I'll visit."

"But you didn't last time."

"Mum, I promise I'll make more of an effort but this will happen to all of us one day. Brendan, Dani, Daniel. They'll leave too, mum."

"I know but, I don't want to lose you so soon."

"Mum, I love you but... I also love Elliot and we're going to have a future together and I'm sorry, but we're starting that future now. I'm sorry but-"

"I understand, okay. Fine, whatever. Go pack." My mum turned away and walked away.

"I don't want to know if you guys have had sex, but if so.. Please use protection." My dad then following after her.

"Well, that went well." Elliot mumbles. "I thought she was going to kill me with the look on her face."

"Let's just go pack." I mumble. I was upset that my mum was upset But I was going to leave at one point and I thought she wanted me to be happy. I'm happy with Elliot.

"Wait," Elliot grabbed my hand and turned me to face him, "if you want to stay here that's-"

"Don't you dare start that. You should know I want to be with you. Okay? I love you and I'm leaving with you."

"Okay, okay. Just know, I want you to be happy and so-"

"I'm happy with you." I smile at him and head up to my room. After packing my stuff, I swear I do a lot of packing, Elliot and I head downstairs.

Since I got the vibe that my mum didn't really want Elliot here, or me to leave with him.. I decided it would be best that the sooner we leave the better. I know, my mum doesn't want me leaving with him but if he has to go, so do I.