[ 33 ]

In the whole time we've been together, Elliot has not told me about his dad. I always wondered why.

"Is that him?" I ask.

Elliot sighs. "Yes." We were in our room while Laura was out in the living room with the kids. We haven't told her just yet but I do think she has a right to know. After all, she did think her mate was dead, right?

"Why was everyone saying he's dead? He clearly isn't! Unless that was a ghost?"

"He's not a ghost, he's very much alive. Tyler and Aidan were the only one who knew, as well as my mother. We let the pack believe he is dead."

"Wait, start from the beginning. Why the hell is he supposedly dead?"

"Because Emily, he basically sold his soul to the devil. He is the devil."

"W-what?"

"My mother and him, they were very much in love. They had me and we were a good family. Except, he didn't show love towards me. I got all my love from my mother. One day, he started acting weird. I was around sixteen then. It was originally planned that I would take the Alpha position at eighteen no matter what. If my dad died early, my mum would still run the pack till I was eighteen. Anyway, when I was sixteen he started acting weird. Crazy, even. I had also just turned sixteen and was waiting for my mate. Remember my mum told you I'd been waiting since I was 16? So, he was acting crazy. He kept on drawing these weird symbols everywhere, going out late at night. I obviously thought he was doing patrol and all since he was an Alpha. My mother became worried. She said he'd been talking in his sleep. He always mentioned he'd kill my children and my mate. That's what he always said in his sleep." Elliot paused and looked at me.

"Is that why he's here? To k-kill our kids? And me?"

"Yes. I don't know why, bunny, I never have. I just never got the chance to kill him myself. I wanted to, almost did. I wouldn't have my father talking about how he will kill my children and mate. He disappeared one time, leaving a note behind saying how he will never be back until I was to find my mate or have kids. I'm surprised he never turned up sooner. He told us to tell the pack he died. He explained how he was working with the devil to kill any offspring of mi e because they were dangerous. Emily, I have no idea what he means and that kills me. I can't lose you or our kids. But he seems to disappear every time I get close to him. You know back before we had the kids, I saw him a few times. I knew he was eyeing you, planning to kill you. I would always get to him but he'd vanish. Just like that."

"S-so, he's been around us before? To get me?"

"He left a note from where he vanished from, once."

"What did it say?"

"That mate of yours must die, your offspring must never be born."

"Is there something about you that was passed on to the kids? What the hell is his problem? Why couldn't they have been born?"

"I don't know, Emily. If I did, I'd tell you. We just have to keep him away from them."

"Wait, if he can vanish just like that, could he just appear in our home?" Elliot's eyes widened.

"Fuck!" He got off the bed and ran out the room. I followed after him. I heard crying, our kids. I crashed into Elliot's back. "Stay here." I heard the cries of our kids. What happened? I didn't listen to Elliot. I wasn't going to knowing my kids were crying.

I saw Elliot picking up Seth and Chloe. They were balling their eyes out. I smelt blood. Did he hurt my babies? I look around for Laura. My heart stops as I see her lying on the ground, her throat slit.