[ 12 ]

"I can't believe my baby is gone!"

"I'm sorry, mother." Elliot looked at his mum, not knowing how to comfort her. I roll my eyes and pull her into a hug.

"Who did this?!" I could feel her tense up and I knew she was angry - beyond angry actually. I don't blame her. Lillie was probably like her other child and when a mother loses her child, all hell breaks loose.

"I don't know his name, he was a rogue."

"Those nasty things!" I was still hugging her until Elliot pulled me away and placed me on his lap.

"She's angry, I don't want her harming you." He whispered. "Mother, would you like-"

She suddenly stopped crying. "I wouldn't like anything." She looked at us. "I'm going to bed." With that, and an emotionless face, she headed upstairs.

"I don't think she's alright." Elliot says. That has to be the dumbest thing he's ever said.

I look at him with a are-you-serious face. "Are you being serious?"

"Yes?" He furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.

"You don't think she's alright? Seriously?! That's really the dumbest thing you've said. She's obviously not alright!"

"My mum likes to cover up her emotions."

"She was crying. Of course she's not upset."

"But then she had an emotionless face, I couldn't tell!" He defended. Was that really his defence? Oh my God..

"Wow. You really need to learn how to figure out emotions."

"Well, I think you're horny right now. I'm right about that aren't I?"

"How the hell did you get that I was horny? You really need help!"

"So you're not?"

"No." I roll my eyes at his weirdness. "What does your mum like? I mean, say she was upset when you were younger, what did you do to cheer her up?"

"I always made her a cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate sprinkles." That is way too much chocolate for me! "She loves chocolate." No shit.

"Well come on, we'll go make her that. It might not bring Lillie back but maybe it'll make your mum the tiniest bit cheered up." I stand up and grab his hand, trying to pull him up. "God, how much do you weigh?"

"I don't know."

"You're so fat!"

"My weight isn't due to any fat. It's all muscle, bunny."

"Pfft, yeah right." I obviously knew it was indeed muscle. I mean, have you seen him?! He rolls his eyes and gets up, leading us to the kitchen.

At one point he just stood there staring into space. "Elliot?" He didn't answer. "Elliot?" I try again.

"Hm?"

"Are you okay? You seemed to have spaced out."

"I was mind linking the pack saying the kitchen is off limits."

"Oh, but what if they're hungry?"

"They can wait."

"But-"