[ 18 ]

For Laura's little party we had most of the pack here. So I guess you could say it wasn't a little party. I mean, why would it be little? She was the former Luna and I'm sure the pack had respected her.

Everyone was crowding the cake, all wanting some. But, Laura being the crazy woman she is, held a the cutting knife and kept going "its my bloody cake, step away you fools!" It was hilarious. She only allowed Elliot, Tyler, Aidan and I some cake.

Everyone else was jealous. I gave some to the little kids though because I couldn't resist their cute little faces.

"Great party here, eh?"

"Sure is, Aidan."

"The cake is great. Shop bought or home made?"

"Shop. Elliot forgot it was his mum's birthday - like how can you forget? And me, well I was never told so you know."

"Elliot can be forgetful sometimes."

"Yeah, I gathered that." The place was getting a bit stuffy so I excused myself to get some air outside.

"She's alone!" I hear someone whisper. It wasn't exactly a whisper though. I thought nothing of it and carried on walking. Yeah, I decided to take a walk instead.

Suddenly, I felt a blow to my head and fell to the ground, blackness covering my vision. The last thought on my mind, would I ever see Elliot again?

*

I soon wake up and realise I am tied up. Just great. I was tied up to a tree. A freakin' tree!

"Well hello there, Luna."

"Uh, hi?"

"We need to give your mate a little message."

"What do you mean?" Out of no where, a fist collided with my face. Have they not heard that you never hit a girl?! I whimpered in pain. The worst thing, I was tied up and couldn't even defend myself!

I was then kicked in the ribs and felt the wind and oxygen leave my body. I felt as if I couldn't breathe. "S-stop!" I wheezed out.

"Aw, can you not take it? You really aren't fit enough to be Luna. What was the Moon Goddess thinking?"

I was kicked again. I knew that they were going to keep going but I heard a growl. It wasn't Elliot though.

"Get away from her!" I saw the men's eyes widen and they legged it. Aidan didn't chase after them though. He untied me. "Are you okay?"

"N-no." I was in so much pain.

"I think you need the hospital, come on." After he untied me, he picked me up and carried me bridal style. He ran super fast and entered the pack house.

Elliot was soon there, taking me from Aidan. "What happened?!" He growled out.

"I don't know. She went out for air and then I noticed she didn't come back so I followed her scent to look for her. I saw these two men beating her up and then when they saw me they ran away. I think she needs the pack doctor, like now."

Elliot growled then kissed my forehead. "Don't worry, bunny. Everything will be okay."

"It hurts." I whisper.

"I know, shh." I was then placed on a bed and a woman came in the room.

She inspected me and told Elliot I would have a bruised cheek - which wasn't so bad - and a few broken ribs. But other than that, I'd be fine.

"Are you okay, bunny?" The doctor had giving me some painkillers earlier.

"The pain has been numbed so I guess I'm okay."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you."

"Its not your fault. I was stupid enough to ignore the signs."

"Signs?"

"I heard one guy go 'she's alone' but I ignored it thinking they were on about someone else."

"At least you're okay and Aidan saved you. Although, I should've been the one to save you. You know, to be your knight in shining armour."

"You'll always be my knight in shining armour, don't worry."

"Oh, I'm not worried." He grinned and kissed my non-bruised cheek.

"I'm curious as to who they were." I mutter. Its so weird. They just came out of no where.

"Did they say anything to you?"

"They said about giving you a message. I guess beating me up was the message." I mumble.

"I'll get them. Whoever they are. No one hurts my mate and gets away with it. I'll kill them."

"Um, Elliot?"

"Yes, baby?"

"I uh, I love you."

"You do?"

"When they knocked me out, I got scared u wouldn't see you again. I realised that I did love you. I was afraid that I wouldn't have had the chance to tell you. And then they were strong werewolves beating me up. I'm human. Like they said, I really aren't fit enough to be Luna."

"Bullshit! You are fit enough to be Luna. You're my Luna and the Moon Goddess would not have made you my mate if you weren't fit enough." I look away and out the window. "Look at me." He says, grabbing my chin gently and turning my head to look at him. "Don't listen to anyone. You're my Luna and I couldn't be happier."

Authors Notes.

Sorry for the short chapter!

It has begun! Poor Emily though :(

At least Aidan clicked something was wrong and went out to find her!

Yes Aidan, you brillo saviour!

Toodles x3