Chapter 3 - The Messy Arrival

As I departed from the strong smelling shop and carried on down the street I started to think about my encounter with Jack. Was it even Jack? Surely he must have remembered me? Perhaps he was suffering from amnesia? No, this all sounded stupid. I hadn't even been in Omaha for half an hour and now this had happened. Exactly what I feared. I took a sip of my coffee and took notice of how remarkably good it tasted. It wasn't like other coffee's or anything I'd ever had before. Wow. I admired the crispy white snow and the bare, yet towering trees as I found myself approaching my house. I smiled slightly as I examined the familiar windows where I would watch the sunset from, the front yard where I fell out of the tree and broke my left arm when I was nine, and the old, shabby roof, layered with footballs from all the times Cam had accidentally kicked them up. I almost ran to the door and neatly unlocked it with my key, where I jumped in. Before I could say a word Mom came running down the stairs.

"Regan!" She cried, running to me with a hug.

I locked my arms around her. "Mom! Mom, I missed you so much!" I shut my eyes tightly, laughing slightly.

"Ahh! My baby! Where have you been?!" She unattached herself, holding my cheeks with her hands.

I laughed slightly. "Sorry Mom, College has been really busy..." I laughed uncertainly.

Next, Dad came around the corner and hugged me. "Regan, lovely to see you, honey." She smiled, hugging me; though thankfully not as tight as Mom's.

I suddenly spotted Cam. "Hey bro!" I smiled and went over to hug him.

"Regan, hi." He laughed a little and squeezed me extra tight just to annoy me.

"Help..." I croaked, my eyes widening. "Can't... Breath.." I stuck out my tongue before laughing and punching his side quickly.

As soon as I'd got settled in my tight, yet cosy room I journey downstairs to find Mom in the kitchen.

"Hey baby." She smiled slightly, handing me a mug of coffee.

"Thanks...?" I raised my eyebrows, taking it from her as I followed her into the living room.

"Now," She began, lowering herself down on the couch. "We're going to have a Mother-to-Daughter catch up." She sipped the mug.

I plopped myself down on the opposite couch, curling my knees up beside me. "Okay..."

"So what are you getting up to at College, you don't tell us much." She laughed a little.

I mean, College is alright." I began, lying. "The works hard as I say, but I'm doing fine." Lie.

"Any guys?" Mom, became more interested.

"Uh... Well... Not really..." I shrugged, taking a sip.

"Oh, okay..." She trailed off, followed by an awkward silence.

"Actually." I piped up. "I think I saw Jack today..." I cringed slightly.

She sat up straighter. "Wait... Seriously? Like... The Jack Gilinsky...? Your Jack Gilinsky...?"

"My Jack Gilinsky, Mom." I looked at her seriously.

"Well... What did he say?"

"Nothing, really. He didn't even recognise me." I shrugged.

Mom scowled a little. "What?" She said in a sassy tone, pulling out the 'a'.

"I don't know what to do."

"It's been just under a year, he can't have forgotten you in that time." She shook her head.

"Nothing makes sense..."

"Look." Mom began. "Aleena's probably back from College, why don't you go and see her?" She said, referring to my best friend.

As much as I hated to admit, Mom was right. I did miss Aleena terribly so it didn't take long until I was out in the frozen atmosphere of Omaha again.

A/N: So there's another chapter up! I actually have already written the next few chapters that are waiting to be uploaded, just so I can stay on top of this fanfic but if you guys want them now I'll easily publish them for you :) Also, I don't say this enough but thank you to everyone that votes, comments, or just reads my story in general. Your support means so much to me and inspires me to write even more! Just seeing notifications of people who have voted or commented etc. is so nice to log in to. If you've commented anything I'll always try my best to get back to you, however I get quite a few notifications so I don't allllwaaayyss see them, but I'll try my best (: And finally, if you ever want a chapter dedicated to you - just ask! I don't mind dedicating chapters at all. Who knows, if this fanfic gets quite big it could be pretty cool to have a dedication? Idk, thanks for reading boos.

Gabby (((((((: x