Chapter 38 - The Messy Everything

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE CUTIES!!

I sighed, pulling down the burgundy sleeves to my thick sweatshirt as I plodded down the stairs.

"You ready to go?" Cam looked over at me, fiddling with the car keys in his hands.

I adjusted my messy bun slightly and stared at my naked face in the mirror. Who even was I anymore?

Mom faded in, leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed. "I don't see why you won't let me come, that boy needs to be taught lesson by me!" She snapped. Mom absolutely despised Jack since I told her about the incident. It had now been just over a week since I'd last seen Jack, and Cam was taking me to Jack's place to pick up my stuff.

"Leave it Mom," I looked over at her. I hadn't told anyone yet that I knew about Jack's Greencard marriage.

"Come on." Cam leaded me out the door and we piled into his car. 

After several minutes of driving in silence, Cam spoke up.

"I can't believe Jack could be such a dick to you." He growled, squeezing the steering wheel in frustration.

"Just leave it. I'm done with him." I stared out the window, watching the cars, trees and houses flash by. Was I really done with him though?

"Won't be long until we get inside his place so I can bust his shit in..."

"Cam!" I slapped his arm with the back of my hand. "Seriously, calm the fuck down. We're just gonna pack up some stuff, move some boxes, and get the fuck out of there."

We stayed silent for the rest of the journey before Cam pulled over and we headed into the building. My stomach churned as we made our way up in the elevator and I was close to throwing up when we found ourselves ringing on the doorbell.

It was a few moments before Jack answered. "Regan...?"

"I'm not here to talk." I said sternly and pushed my way past him, followed by Cam.

"Fucking Asshole." I heard Cam mutter to Jack as he passed him, eyeing him fiercely before heading to the bathroom to collect my toiletries.

Blinking back tears, I stormed into the bedroom and scooped up my clothes, shoving them into the cardboard box I was carrying. I started scooping faster and faster, panting more and more as I started becoming panicked and worked up by the simple task I was attempting to do. I jumped when I heard a cough coming from the doorway. Fucking Jack.

"Uh! Why'd you scare me like that, seriously?" I panted slightly, standing to my feet.

Jack chuckled slightly before returning to sunken face.

"Stop laughing." I demanded, picking up another item of my clothing.

"Regan, slow down."

"Don't tell me what to do." I turned away.

"Don't go." He trudged up behind me.

"Don't touch me!" I spat, shoving more clothes and belongings I'd left.

Jack exhaled even deeper, stuffing his hands into the burgundy hoodie he had on. Even though I hated him, he did look like sex on legs with that hoodie on.

"I-" He began.

"Just go." I cut him off.

"Regan-"

"Go." I demanded, turning my back to him as I heard him sigh deeply and punch a pillow on the bed in frustration before leaving. Even though I now knew about the Greencard thing, I was still mad at Jack for keeping the fucking thing a secret and going missing for like a week.