Chapter 9 - The Messy & Uncomfortable Conversation

"Sorry I'm late." I huffed slightly as I pushed the door open with my back and walked in.

"Morning." Said Marie, who was the forty-year-old woman that managed the bakery.

"Hey Boo." Logan smirked, holding the next door open for me.

"Uh, thanks. Hi." I replied, putting on my red apron and opened the box, unloading them.

"What have you got in there today?" He peered over my shoulder, looking in.

"Just some cupcakes. Here, help me put them on the shelves." I handed a couple to him.

"Ooh they look sweet, just like you." He winked.

I looked at him puzzled. "Uh... Thanks." I began to put the cupcakes on display. Logan was always like this to me. He'd always have some cheesy comment to throw at me and I honestly didn't know what his problem was. I was pretty sure he had a girlfriend, and he knew I had Jack, but that still didn't stop him from flirting with me.

"We open in ten minutes people." Marie took some freshly baked bread out of the oven.

Logan and I continued to load the cakes onto the display rack before our first few customers came in. When the shop was quiet, which was quite often, Logan would try his best to impress me. It was tiring, but I never knew if he was actually being serious; plus I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

At around noon, I was slicing some fresh bread when I heard the bell over the door ring, signalising that someone was entering.

"I'll be with you shortly." I called out before I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Logan!" I jumped before turning around to see Jack stood there. "Oh.." I sighed in relief. "Hey babe."

"Logan?" Jack gave a puzzled look. "Who's Logan?"

I laughed nervously. "Oh, sorry you just made me jump. I thought you were him, he's always playing tricks on me."

"Well, who else would be wrapping their arms around your waist?"

"Only you, of course." I kissed his cheek, trying to calm him slightly. I knew Jack could get jealous like this, and I didn't want him to think I was cheating or anything.

"Right..." Jack began again. "I got you a coffee." He smiled, handing me the hot cup.

"Oh thanks." I hugged him. "I missed you." I mumbled against his chest. "Are you on a break?"

"Yep, had to come and see my girl." He smirked and kissed the top of my head.

Just then, Logan walked through the door behind me and Jack and I disbanded slightly, but he still kept his arm around my waist.

"Hey we need to-" Logan began before looking up and spotting Jack and I. "Oh, uh... Hi."

I smiled a little and Jack nodded slightly before kissing me. Was he trying to prove some sort of point?

"I'm Logan. Who's this?" He stated, turning to me.

"Jack. Her boyfriend." Jack pulled me closer to him.

"Cool." Logan seemed totally uninterested. "Boo, you need to check on the bread." Logan turned to me, indicating the bread that was baking in the oven. He seemed uncomfortable.

"Okay. In a minute." I nodded, flashing a smile.

"Boo?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"Oh," Logan began laughing. "Don't worry Jack, it's just a little nickname I have for Regan. I call her Boo." He smiled happily, I laughed a little awkwardly even though I didn't find it as funny.

Jack cleared his throat and raised his eyebrows. "Really? Oh, I didn't know you and Regan were on a nickname basis. You've never mentioned a Logan... Babe." He turned to me.

"Jack why are you being so weird?" I murmured into his ear, slightly annoyed. I know Logan could be like this but that didn't mean Jack had to as well. "He's just never come up in conversation, has he?" I shrugged a little.

"Mmm." Jack nodded stiffly, keeping his eyes on Logan. "Well you two seem very friendly."

I shot him a stare. Why was he being so difficult?

"Oh, we are." Logan smirked. "I love working with her, you've got a very lucky girl. Beautiful too." He checked me out.

I held my breath, anxiously looking up at Jack. He wore a slight smile as he looked at Logan, however I could sense how badly he wanted to punch him.

"Anyway, I have to get back to work." Jack announced, switching glances in between us both. "I'll see you later." He simply said before leaving. No kiss, no hug, nothing.

"Ouch." Logan said after Jack had disappeared. "Relationship problems?"

"Not yet..." I sighed, laughing a little even though I didn't exactly know what to expect when I arrived home.

A/N: Enjoy munchkins! ((((:

swagggggabby (;