Chapter 21 - The Messy Thoughts

Jack and I ended up breaking up for half an hour.

"We need to talk about this. And I don't want it where one of us always storms off in the end. Please, I'm sorry. I want to sort this out." He said, guilt in his eyes.

"You're right." I nodded and sat down on the couch beside us, Jack following me. "We need to work things through."

Jack agreed, sitting adjacent to me. "These arguments seem to always be about Logan."

"Okay, I know he's a dick. I've told him to stop, I don't know what more to do."

"I need to tell that prick to back off." Jack snarled.

I placed my hand on his chest, guarding him. "I don't think that's a good idea. He doesn't listen to me, and you'll quite frankly kill him."

"I don't see a problem with that."

"Well I see a problem with you going to prison for life." I gave him a wise look. "I just want you to know that I'm not cheating on you."

Jack sighed. "I know. I'm an asshole for even saying that. I don't know, I reacted, it was just like my go-to argument because I was mad. I'm sorry."

"Me too." I nodded. "Are we fine again then?"

Jack nodded before we ended up cuddling for a while.

We were in bed, engulfed in pitch blackness. The movie Jack had been watching, since I was asleep half time time had just finished as Jack pointed the remote up to the screen and shut the TV off. I'd woken up at the music playing from the credits, though Jack hadn't noticed. We lay in silence for a few moments, as I began the procedure of thinking about everything ever, before I suddenly remembered the Adeline girl. Jesus, I'd forgotten about her.

"Jack." I was quick to say, before I heard him stir a little.

"Mmm?" I heard him mumble in a low tone, he was obviously on the verge of sleeping, but I could wait any longer. I'd already forgotten about it until now.

"Do you know a girl named Adeline?" I spoke out.

I couldn't see his facial expression clearly in the darkness, but to me it appeared as if his eyes shot open at the sound of her, I was unsure though.

"One more time?" He asked, his breathing heavier.

"A girl walked into the cafe on your day off, asking for you. She obviously knew you. Do you know her?"

There was a short silence at first. "No, I don't know any Adeline's." He stated.

"No?" I looked over at him. "Petite blonde? Killer heels? Looks like she's just walked out of a photoshoot?" 

"Regan, I promise you I don't know her. Probably just a business thing for the cafe." He sighed, finally rolling over to me.

I didn't say anything for a while, neither did Jack; as we both lay there. I kept thinking of all the things adeline had said and all the things Jack had just said. 'Probably just a business contact for the cafe' ... What did that mean..?

"Jack." I called out once more, but this time I didn't wait for a reply. "If it was just for the cafe then how did she know your name?" I stated, waiting for his response.

I waited a moment, and then a few more moments... And then a few more several moments. No reply.

"Jack?" I called out once more. Nothing. He'd fallen asleep, or so I thought at least.

A/N: Thats all atm everyone, thanks for reading; and your voting inspires me to write even more!

Gabby x