Chapter 22 - The Dry Lucky Charms

I woke up before Jack and plodded into the kitchen. I hadn't got enough sleep and from one glance in the mirror I looked completely and utterly dead. I opened the cupboard, scanning around for my Great Value raisin bran before noticing Jack's Lucky Charms. Although I'd demonstrated to Jack that the Lucky Charms were no good, I didn't care this morning; plus they were the way forward so I poured myself a bowl. I swung open the fridge door to discover an empty carton. Seriously? He'd finished the milk and put it back empty?

"Ugh, Jack!" I groaned in irritation, grabbing a spoon and sitting down with my dry Lucky Charms.

Moments later, Jack walked out shirtless. "I heard you moaning my name?" He raised an eyebrow, smirking, but I wasn't in the mood for his dumb jokes. 

I just ignored him, grumpily eating.

"What happen to your raisin bran?" He nodded at the bowl.

"What?" I looked up at him. "Do you get to decide what I can and can't eat now?" I retorted.

Jack looked at me like I was mad. "Uhh.. okay.. Are you gonna have some milk with that or...?" He pointed to my bowl, scratching his head.

"Well maybe I would have if you hadn't fucking drank it all and left me the empty carton to deal with." I spat at him.

"Whoa, whoa, easy." He put his hands up. "No need to curse."

"Okay, Mom." I rolled my eyes.

"Jesus, is it that time of the month?"

That made me even more frustrated. "Ugh, why do you guys fucking assume girls are on their period when they may just be having a bad day?!" I screeched, even though I was on my period.

"What have I done Regan?" Jack shook his head at me.

"You didn't answer my question last night."

"What the one about how would that Adeline girl know my name if it was just a business thing for the cafe? I don't know!" He threw his hands in the air.

"Wait... I stopped. I thought you were asleep when I asked that?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

Jack froze. "I.. I was..."

"Then how did you hear the question?" I tormented.

Jack was hesitant. "I was half asleep, okay?"

I shook my head laughing sarcastically and pushed my bowl away, getting up. "You're full of bullshit." I walked past him.

"Oh, come on! I was tired!" He argued back.

"Leave me to get ready Jack." I said coldly and slammed the bedroom door. 

I made sure I left for work before Jack as he was in the bathroom. I rummaged around for my purse, keys and phone etc. I was just shuffling on my coat before Jack slithered out of the bathroom. I did't say anything.

"Are you still in a piss?" He looked over at me.

"Yep. Bye." I simply said before leaving completely.

A/N: Another chapter up! There's gonna be quite a big plot twist coming up... So as I'm sure some of you may already have an idea what it could be, I doubt any of you will be able to guess this one.

Ly cuties,

Gabby :))