Chapter 13 - The Messy Surprise Meal

"Babe, the table's reserved for half seven, I'm sure you look beautiful." Jack called from outside the door.

"Hold on, I won't be long." I rushed around the bedroom, grabbing my purse.

I heard Jack press himself against the door, clearly impatient at how long I was taking. "Ugh, I hate girls." He whined, in a childish form.

I giggled to myself. "Jack, I look stupid. I'm way too overdressed." I frowned slightly in the mirror, examining my dress. It was a little white dress that reached the mid-thigh, showing off my collar bones and shoulders.

"Babe, you're not overdressed." Jack stated even though he had no idea what I was wearing. 

"Well you didn't tell me where we were going. Is it casual? Is it formal?"

I heard him chuckle to himself. "Come out." He whined again. 

I didn't think he was expecting it when I opened the door as he was leaning his whole body weight on it. He immediately stumbled forward a little as he lost his balance causing me to laugh.

"Woah.." He looked up at me, his lips parting slightly. 

"Oh my God, it is too much, isn't it." I felt my cheeks heating up.

"No.." He trailed off. "You look beautiful." His mouth curved into a smile before his kissed my cheek. 

"Fuck, you look good." I mumbled as I admired his black suit with his untidy tie. I laughed to myself and tutted slightly, fixing it for him. "There." I finished as I pushed it up.

"Shall we go?" Jack help his hand out as I linked our fingers and walked out the apartment with him and climbed into his jeep.

"Will you tell me now where we're going?" I raised an eyebrow, buckling my seatbelt.

"Nope. But you gotta wear this." He handed me a blindfold.

"Really?" I laughed before Jack shushed me where I placed it over my head.

"Have I ruined your hair now?" I could feel Jack smirk as we pulled out of our parking space on the side of the street and drove off.

"Probably." I shook my head. "It will look like a dead's bird nest when I take this off, you know."

I heard Jack laugh. "Cute." 

We continued driving as we listened to the radio, joining in to the chorus on some of the songs we recognised. I didn't think I could sing that well but Jack was amazing, I don't think he realised it either.

"Okay we're here." Jack bounced, hopping out the car and jogging over to my side, opening the door for me.

"Ooh, what a gentlemen." I teased. 

"Nah, you wouldn't be able to get out yourself so I kind of had to help out." He teased back, which caused me to try and hit him playfully but since I couldn't see for shit, I tragically missed.

"I'm scared." I stated as Jack held my hand, helping me out of the car.

"Don't be. I'm here baby."

"Jack, can I take this stupid thing off now?" I whined as he lead me forward.

"Not yet, and quit asking that." He laughed as he guided me forwards and right. "Okay, now you can take it off."

I eagerly pulled the material of my head and looked up to see our 'five star' restaurant but I only saw Taco Bell. Wait... Taco Bell? Freaking Taco Bell. Was he serious?

"Surprise..." Jack burst out laughing.

I stared at the fast food restaurant in disbelief. "Is this some kind of joke?"

"Hey, who doesn't like tacos?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

I burst out laughing. "Wow, okay. So we're going to taco bell in a suit and an expensive dress as our romantic dinner?"

"We are indeed." Jack smiled brightly, sliding his hand into mine as we entered the greasy-smelling building.

"This is so crazy." I shook my head, laughing as we waited in line. "I look stupid."

"You look beautifully stupid." Jack corrected me, resulting in me to roll my eyes.

After we ordered we decided to eat in Jacks car which was parked in the parking lot, all windows rolled down.  

"Tell me Mr. Gilinsky," I teased. "If this is your idea of a five star restaurant meal, what's your idea of a one star?"

Jack chuckled to himself. "Your cooking." He smirked, jokingly.

I gasped, putting my food down. 

"No, no. I'm kidding!" He quickly interrupted, laughing hard before hugging me and kissing me over and over. 

My gasping expression turned into a laugh as I grabbed his hand.

"Jack, this isn't exactly what I was expecting tonight, and I look like a fucking twat eating this when I'm dressed like this. But either way, it's still perfect." I smiled happily.

Jack smiled to himself which just might have been the cutest thing ever. "I love you, Regan." He leant in and kissed me.

A/N: Oohh, enjoyy((: