Chapter 5| Problems of trust and Misunderstanding

Part Note:

Hello! I apologize for this break - my health needed a break from this ff, after the 20th chapter ate my nerves...

Great thanks to @Nightless_Beauty for beta-reading of this and some more chapters!

the Russian version is now available on AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/41679672

------------------------------------

When Yoo Joonghyuk arrives at Gumho Station with a group of survivors, his eyes fall on people he doesn't remember. This bright couple was one of them. The amazing thing was that the people he came with knew the two. He would remember them if he saw them once in his regressions. But he met them for the first time. Yoo Sangah and Lee Hyunsung started talking with the older of the couple. And Lee Gilyoung approached the boy. The bloody locks of the child attracted more attention than the golden ones. One of the Korean's eyes shone gold.

[Skill 'Eye of the Sage' activated]

The pupil involuntarily trembled. What's this? The profile of this child was distorted, as if the image of a computer when the video card was broken. But gradually it cleared up. Some parts remained censored. But, long and strange, the information made one doubt the person whose data he was looking at.

For some reason, most of the profile owner's skills flashed 'unavailable'. And the attribute 'Transmigrator' made him grab a sword and rush at the boy without hesitation. He was weak - his statistics are just terrible, but he is potentially dangerous. It needs to be eliminated now. Such thoughts were in Joonghyuk's mind as he swung his sword at the boy. He approached so fast that no one had time to react.

Nothing will stop him from eliminating a strange variable that could interfere with him.

The sword swung down on the boy with a quick movement, about to spill blood, the same colour as the child's hair.

*Bang

But.

But something stood in his way. A beautiful silver shield wrapped around the small body. It's wings tightly wrapped around the blade of the sword, preventing it from moving.

The man managed to notice the dry smile that had begun to bloom on the childish apathetic face. And the reddish-brown eyes squinted slyly and at the same time rather. But then. Joonghyuk's view of the child was blocked by the translucent silhouette of a woman. Long curly green hair and priestess robes. The eyes of this woman who stood between the attacker and the victim glared at the Regressor with malice.

[Skill 'Indestructible Shield' looks at you with displeasure]

What?

Cale guessed that the bastard former protagonist, after seeing his profile, would decide to get rid of him. But it happened too fast. Cale remembered his profile better than anyone. He remembered that his Ancient powers were unavailable for some reason. And he had yet to figure out a way to unlock them. Therefore, when Yoo Joonghyuk rushed at him, exuding murderous intent, the former commander-in-chief's stoic mask did not crack, although chaos arose in his head. He wanted to face that bastard later! In Chungmuro! With Kim Dokja at your side to offset the blow! But no, that bastard checked his stats right there when Henituse didn't have time to hide among the group.

Cale hoped, no, he was sure that Eruhaben would protect him with a mana shield. The former Korean did not want to put pressure on the Ancient Dragon, but he would have tried to protect him anyway. Even if he shortened his life again by such actions.