Chapter 11| Where are you going?

Kim Dokja glanced at the couple who were still sleeping. Or were they unconscious? Yes, it most likely was. Eruhaben was sitting near the wall, tightly hugging Cale, who was lying on his chest. Kim Namwoon staggered nervously next to them. Did he look tense and scared? He was obviously worried, but didn't know what to do.

Your understanding of Kim Namwoon's character has improved

Wow. Kim Dokja was surprised. How much a character can change from several events. And this is all the merit of the duet, which has not yet woken up. Their complexion looked worse than ever, to be honest. Caused anxiety and gnashing under the skin, which I wanted, but there was no way to appease.

The Reader has not yet imagined the second cause of the adolescent's restless behavior. He had to listen to vicious threats and countdowns from the lips of the little Black Dragon. And it was that still "fun" pastime.

Cale woke up just in time to hear Reader and Jung Heewon talking. He didn't pay attention to the worried face of the awkward teenager who didn't know what to do with himself when Cale got out of his parent's arms. It was complicated; forced to make an effort, given the strength of these gentle, for him and few others, hands.

"Stay here," Cale said quietly and hoarsely in a commanding tone. Namwoon winced, but nodded. He saw that the boy was about to go not to a dangerous place, but to a safe person. Therefore, he remained to look after the disconnected man.

Staggering, but barely noticeable because Cale has always been able to keep a face and hide weaknesses, the red-haired child approached one specific person.

He stood in front of Lee Hyunsung. His stoic face was fixed on the soldier, who had looked troubled since his arrival. 

"Cale? You should get some more rest-"

"Protecting someone is an important task. As a shield, you can turn the tide of battle in your favor. I think Hyunsung-hyung can be a strong shield that won't break." - 'The shield won't break' huh. There was no way Cale could forget his own words.

Cale has always been a Shield. The terrorist attack on the Square of Joy, when he saved people from bombs. Hayes Islands, protected Amira and the knights from Toonka flying into them. Battle in Henituse Territory against a brigade of Knights on Wyverns. León's castle in Karo Kingdom, where the Half-Blood Dragon was first revealed. The battle in the Gorge of Death culminating in Paerun's betrayal for the Indomitable Alliance and the news from the Ancient Dragon that Cale will die in three days unless he finds the Water Attribute Ancient Power. A terrorist incident in the Magorow Empire with a destroyed castle tower led to the acquaintance of Rex, a Cat Tribe beastman rebel who lived in the slums of the Empire and was now the King. The Castle of Light, where the thousand-year curse of the White Star's reincarnation was revealed. And many others.

"The shield will always defeat the sword."

The last phrase struck the thoughts of the former soldier very strongly. 'The shield will always defeat the sword.' And all because of the incident that he witnessed a few days ago. Hyunsung remembered how the silver shield had surrounded the child now standing in front of him covered in dried blood. And how that shield blocked the sword of the man they brought to Gumho Station. The sword couldn't do anything at all that day.

This shield is an example for him. And the owner of that shield is speaking to him now.

The man gasped as he quickly let go of the iron shield that Kim Dokja had given him to catch the falling figure. The boy who seemed to have woken up only to support him now collapsed, unconscious again.