|| Izula - Before the Storm ||

Rhaenyra

Because of the recent events, I felt like I was exhausted which made me stay in my chambers more. Another reason for that is the Starks keep on lurking around the Red Keep. I don't want to encounter any one of them.

I was sitting on my chair while my eyes are focused on the chests in the hearth. It was the dragon's eggs that my father gave me. They are surrounded by candles to give them some warmth while Aeksion lay on the side, wanting to get his share of the heat.

" You never take off your gaze from them. " I glanced at my door when Daenerys entered.

" They're beautiful, aren't they? " I asked her as she take the chair next to me.

" Yes, they are. Who would know that there is still dragon's egg? " My aunt answered.

" Do you think it'll hatch? " She questioned which made me look at her.

" I don't know, but maybe it will? We just have to believe it. " I leaned closer to the chest and grabbed the one who has fiery red scale.

" I would like to ride a dragon one day. To see them roar and soar to the sky. " I said as I imagine their forms in my head.

" You'll have ten dragons then. " Daenerys spoke on my side.

" If I hatch them, I'll give you one. " I told her and both of us let out a small laugh.

After Daenerys visited me in my chamber. I decided to go out, maybe I can try my best again not to encounter those raven-haired people.

I was silently walking in the hallways when I saw Aunt Cersei on one of the terraces and having a drink.

" Rhaenyra, Dear. " She called out to me as I headed closer to her.

" Care to join me? " I nodded my head with a smile.

" Enjoying the day alone? " I asked her and sat on the chair across from her.

" I pick this place to get away from the Northerners who are plaguing the capital. " I let out a small laugh upon hearing her.

" We can agree to that. " I reached out for the pitcher of wine and pour it into the cup.

" You managed to change your father's mind about your betrothal? " A small grin formed on my lips.

" She did a mistake. She raised her hand to me. Now, she's paying the price. " I felt Cersei's gaze on my cheek.

" It's healing. I can't believe she did that, but a really brave woman. To strike the heir to the Iron Throne. " We toss our cups and drink our wine.

" I heard that they haven't shared their chambers after that incident. The king is still giving her cold shoulders. " Aunt Cersei told me which made my grin bigger.

" So is the better. " I uttered, taking another sip from my cup.

" Rhaenyra, what will you do now? You know that sooner or later they will force you again to be married. " I rested my back on the chair and took a deep breath.

" I'm already thinking. I can't run from that matter for the rest of my life and I have to produce heirs to make sure the line of succession is secure. " It was the truth, whether I like it or not. One of my duties is to bring heirs to my House.

" No matter who you choose as a husband remember this, Rhaenyra. Men are weak. Easily manipulated if you use the best weapon that a woman have. " Cersei said as I listen to her.