|| Tōma - Graces ||

After King Rhaegar collapsed, the said fever hasn't gone down or his grace hasn't regained his consciousness. He is laying on his bed, pale, and warm while his family, relatives, and friends surround him.

Lord Tywin Lannister and the members of the Small Council had prevented a word to go out. No one must know that the king is gravely ill especially since they don't know the cause of his high fever.

It wasn't just the fever. A few hours later, wounds started to appear on Rhaegar's skin.

Queen Lyanna remained on her husband's side. But the other people inside and outside of the chamber can see how wary she is. Her eyes are like a hawk silently observing everyone around her.

The Crown Princess is matching the wary gazes of her stepmother. She knows that if her father dies, Lyanna will do something to make sure that she will not ascend him to the throne.

" She's like a wounded beast. Defending her lair. " Cersei whispered to her father as they observe the people.

" Her power fades the moment Rhaegar dies. She should be worried. Rhaenyra will not let Lyanna's sons take the throne from her. " Tywin uttered back.

Cersei is looking at her husband, Viserys, the king's brother. He's also agitated. Viserys never left Daenerys' side and the two constantly whisper to each other before the princess goes to her niece and does the same.

Lyanne was tearing up on the side and being comforted by Sansa and Eyva. Jaehaerys and Rickard stay put at the side of their mother, looking at the sleeping form of Rhaegar.

Princess Rhaenyra hasn't shed any tears as she remains strong and talks to the Maesters, Healers, and the Lords of the Small Council. Prince Aegon was there to help his sister transfer words from someone to another one.

When the next day comes up. The King is still bedridden. There wasn't a sign that he was going to wake up soon but his breathing is enough for their worries to be lessened.

There are still a lot of matters to do. The King's duties should not be left unattended. Princess Rhaenyra will attend to those duties with Lord Tywin and the other lords. As heir, it is her duty to step in when her father is not in condition.

However, Rhaenyra made sure that her most trusted people will be inside the king's chambers. His condition will be reported to her and they will not leave Rhaegar alone with someone else.

" The situation is already tearing the royal family apart. " Lord Varys said.

" It will be the queen and the crown princess fighting for the throne. " Lord Mace spoke.

" Queen Lyanna will do anything to ensure that Jaehaerys will be crown king. " Lord Monford whispered to the two.

" Prince Jaehaerys doesn't have any desire to be king. It's not him we should worry about. " The Spider stated while their gazes turned to Prince Rickard who is talking to an unknown man on the corner.

" A war might break out the moment King Rhaegar dies. " Lord Velaryon said.

" We should know where to lay our support. " Lord Tyrell told the two before he took his leave.

Eddard, Catelyn, and their men gather around a vacant room inside the Red Keep. The sudden fall of the king is making their queen anxious. They felt the tension between Lyanna and Rhaenyra. And if Lyanna is right, the moment Rhaegar dies they will be harmed. All of them.

" If it comes to a fight. Are our men enough to protect us? " Lady Catelyn asked.

" No, it's not, My Lady. The Capital favors the princess. Tywin Lannister is at her side. They'll corner us and if she is ruthless as her grandfather. We'll be dead soon. We should leave and sail North now. " One of the northerners spoke.