|| Dragon Queen Sneak Peek ||

After the wedding ceremony of Prince Aegon Targaryen and Lady Sansa Stark. A huge feast was followed. The nobles who are invited and the family of the bride are the only ones who are making the banquet hall lively. Even the queen, the groom's sister has not said any words since the beginning of the day.

As the night went deeper. Many of the guests had wondered if there will be a bedding ceremony for the newlywed couple. Because of the incident during the queen's wedding, they are not certain if Rhaenyra and Aeron have already consummated the marriage. No one dared to ask the queen and the prince consort.

Prince Aegon hasn't shown any affection towards his wife while they dine at the higher table. His focus is all on the cup that was keep on being filled with wine. Sansa on his side can't help herself but feel anxious and nervous. She keeps on playing with her food on the plate. She can feel the cold wall between her and her husband. Even with the small kiss during their wedding ceremony felt like the northern cold.

Rhaenyra suddenly gets up from her chair, the members of the council and her family bowed their heads to her as she passed by them. The queen did not say any word and left the banquet hall which earned small whispering from the nobles.

" My Prince. My lady. " Lord Tywin approached the two.

" The queen is tired that's why she retires to her chamber. On her behalf, I would like to ask if you are comfortable performing the bedding ceremony. " The Hand questioned which made the lady more nervous while Aegon glares at the older man.

" Lady Sansa is surely tired. Take her back to the chamber. " Aegon coldly commanded before taking another sip from his cup.

" At your command, My prince. " Tywin answered back and signaled to the Handmaidens who assisted Sansa out of the banquet hall.

They were followed by Lady Catelyn to be with her daughter. A newly arranged chamber was prepared for Aegon and Sansa, especially for their first night as husband and wife.

The Handmaidens began to remove the lady's wedding dress. She changed into a night dress that is too revealing for her liking. They let her red hair loose from the southern style.

" You know what's going to happen tonight. " Catelyn said as she brush Sansa's hair.

" Yes... Is it really going to hurt? " She asked while fidgeting her fingers.

" Well, at first. But it will turn into something nicer. " The mother answered before giving her a comforting smile.

" I'm afraid... What if he wouldn't like being with me? " Catelyn put down the brush on the table and took her daughter's hand.

" It's normal to be afraid. You are both strangers to each other. Let this night be the first step in your relationship. I'm certain, the prince will see how much lucky he is to have you. " She pressed a small kiss on her forehead.

" Wait for your husband, for sure. He's about to be here soon. Be good to him. Please him. " Sansa can only nod her head to her mother and watch her leave the chamber.

The lady let out a deep sigh. How can she please a man that does not want her? She is not blind. Even if Aegon is the blood of the dragon, Sansa can feel his coldness towards her. Too cold that it's burning her.

Sansa didn't realize how long she was sitting on the bed while looking at the window when the door opened. She immediately saw the silver hair of her husband shining under the light of the candles. The prince was slightly stumbling on his footing and his hand still holds his cup.

" H-Husband... " Sansa called out for him but the man did not glance at her.

" Rhaenyra... " The prince whispered under his breath, he thought it was too low but Sansa heard him clearly.

It started to form a feeling of sadness inside her. She heard the talks and the gossip about how much Aegon treasured his sister. However, Sansa doesn't want to believe it. She is now his wife, they've said their vows in front of the High Septon and the old gods and the new. It is sacred words.

Aegon placed down the cup on the near table before facing the lady. He is a little bit drunk, but can still see that his wife is not the woman he loves. Sansa is not the girl he wanted to share the marital bed.

" Lady Sansa. I want to clarify something to you. " The prince takes a step closer to her as she follows him with her gaze.

" This marriage is only a political agreement and it will stay that way. I am not entitled to have any heirs, I believe you are not stupid to know what that means. " Sansa tried her best not to show the threatening tears on the side of her eyes.

" Take a rest. " It was the last thing Aegon said to her before leaving the chamber again.

The lady burst into tears the moment the door closed. She had wanted this ever since she was a little girl. A dream of marrying a prince, to have children with him. But it seems it will not happen. She will not have the same marriage as her parents.

Rhaenyra quickly dismissed her ladies and handmaidens after entering her new chamber. Aeksion and the dragons might have felt the emotions of their mother as they stare at her with concern.

The queen changed into her sleeping gown but when she saw her reflection in the mirror. She sees the images in her mind, of what can happen during a bedding ceremony. Aegon's hands running on Sansa's body, them sharing one bed as they become one.

Out of a sudden the sound of things breaking echoed through the whole chamber which was followed by cries. Rhaenyra frustratedly run her hands on her hair as she started to pace around the place. Tears roll down her cheeks as those doing keep on repeating in her head.

She knows what was happening during that day and night was because of her. She commanded it, it was done under her order. But she hates it, she hates everything. What can she do now?

Rhaenyra forcefully wed her brother to another girl. She is indeed a queen but a slave to her duties. If she is an ordinary girl and Aegon is just a boy with nothing on his name. They might have lived a happy life. Married to each other. But it's not, they are not like everyone else and it is the price that they have to pay.

Rhaenyra wiped her tears. What is done is done. She can't do anything to undo it. She just has to try to live with it for the rest of her life. The queen lay on her bed, leaving all the mess on the floor. She tried to sleep but she can't. How can she sleep if her mind and heart are restless?

Suddenly Rhaenyra heard that one of the secret doors is being opened. She sat up on the bed, ready to grab Blazefury on the other side of the bed. Only to see Aegon, secretly entering her chamber.

The prince's steps towards her are big, desperate to be close to her. The queen was about to utter his name but he cut her off with a fiery kiss.

Author's Note:

We surely getting a lot of weddings this season. What could be the end of this complicated setup?

I also wanted to say that I start another story. It's not a fanfic novel but I hope you'll support it too. It will make me really happy.

Thank you and Enjoy Reading!