Part 40| flabbergasted

NOTE : you might need to recall "Jay"  who's Ari's lover and taehyung's rival. If needed re-read part 18&19.

They both walked in the living room as they took a seat. "Tell me what I missed?"
"What?"
"You weren't in Korea my daughter,where were you ?"
She looked down at her lap.
"Where's eunji?"
"She's sleeping in her room,.... Yn my daughter I'm making you not comfortable? " She shook her head.
" I was in Canada" she sighs before continuing

" idk how to explain this. But everyone is aware of what happened. I was in prison for almost 3 months... I... I was terrified. I thought I would never be able to be free again. I received the punishment I never did. I don't know if anyone would believe me, but... I didn't steal anything... I didn't reveal any of the company's sensitive information .. i-"
Hie father breaks her words before she could continue

"I trust you. I have known you since you were a child . You've grown in front of my eyes . I know my child can never do something like this. I'm sorry for taehyung's misunderstanding. He probably lost his mind. "
She shook her head . When she finally looked at him " you don't need to be sorry. I understand how much he loves the company. But he should have never done this. I could never forgive him for this "

" I'm not expecting you to. It's completely up to you guys. What you both are expecting to have in future. I'll respect your decision. As a father i would suggest you to do what you truly wish. "

Yn hesitate before asking him " how.. how did he lost his memories?. What exactly happened?"
He clasped his hands on his knee before speaking" well I'm not sure what happened before his accident. After I got to know what happened between you two . I was highly disappointed in him. I tried to convince him to rethink his decision. I told him to stay here for few days, but that boy won't listen to me. I heard from jimin that he overwork himself. Cry at nights in the clubs .

He was investigating something which he even  didn't shared with jimin. We still have no idea what was going in his mind. One day when he left office he didn't went to club. I heard from jimin he waited for him like usual. But instead he received a call from someone that taehyung got in a accident. That's what I know. " His father finished.

" But I'm disappointed with you . " Yn frowned "what.. I did dad?"
"You brat didn't even bother to tell me about your dad. What he did to y'all. I'm I mean nothing to you ?"
"H-how.. did .. I mean how did you know?" He sighs . Leaned his back . Arms crossed on his chest."Once I thought of visiting him. So when I reached there. I heard your parents arguing. I overheard everything. I broke up the things between us at the spot .
Yn gasps "you shouldn't have ?"

"What are you talking about?"
"Dad ... What you both have I truly adore. Ik he made this big mistake and idk if he even regrets a bit. But maybe he's so alone . I'm not in a position to give you advice. You're really like a father to me . But I never thought you would come to know about this. We didn't wanted to bother you . I.. just .. idk."  She sighed

" I work under taehyung.. I had no idea he was the boss. If I knew sooner. I would've never come here. "
" You're lying. At least you would have missed me ? "
A smile spread on her lips " of course I did ."

"I'm curious why you're not curious about eunji?" 
"She's taehyung's daughter-
" He adopted her"
" Oh! I thought she was Ari's and Taehyung's daughter. But my assumptions were wrong. "
" Idk why Ari is here. It was taehyung's decision" yn chuckles.
" Maybe he has a reason " she checks the time on her phone
" It's really late dad I should get going"
" It's really late . I think you should stay tonight "
" No.. I really need to go. I can't stay here-

"Are you saying no to your father now ?. You're staying tonight and that's final"
"But dad" he gave her a sharp glare. She remained silent and nodded, agreeing to his request.