Chapter 28: The Ambush

"The concrete's warping!" a villain shouts.

"VIOLENT AND BLACK REGIMENTS TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE!" Skeptic shouts, "BROWN GET OUT THERE TOO!"

Dabi grabs Y/N arm yanking her into a room and throwing her against the wall

"Did you know about this!?" Dabi shouts at her,

Dabi raises his right hand aiming towards Y/N face with blue flames forming. Y/n raising her left arm to block it by manifesting a shield, she creates a sword in her other hand, kicking Dabi in the chest making him fall back on the ground and pointing her sword at him

"I'm sorry Dabi. I really am." Y/n voice trembled, "There was no other way."

"Why do I feel this way right now? He is a villain."

"Don't start with the heroic speech!" Dabi yells, "I didn't believe anything from the start." Dabi shoots flames out his hands towards her. Y/N dodges the flames and flies behind him with her speed hitting his head with the handle of her sword.

"If you knew then why did you try to kiss me?" Y/N blurts out

Dabi stands up, wiping off his jacket, "Call it a change of heart. I wanted to believe you changed and was really on our side, I thought you believed in the same thing as me."

Dabi throws a fireball towards Y/N, she manages to dodge it but wasn't expecting to see him right behind it. He wraps his hands around her throat, choking her, catching her off guard. She feels the heat coming from his hands around her throat.

"Dabi, Plea-" Y/N tried to make the words come out and tears welled up in her eyes.

Dabi stops and pulls away, Y/N jumps back creating some distance between her and Dabi

"Sorry Angel, but I don't think I can kill you." Dabi says with a smile

The room is filling up with smoke and blue flames,

"Shit, I can't be in this for too long. My wings will catch fire."

"But I know your weakness." Dabi says in a mocking tone

"Weakness?" Y/N asks

"Keigo Takami." Dabi says, throwing Y/N off, "By the look on your face, you know who exactly I'm talking about."

"How the fuck do you know that name?" Y/n shouts

"That's the thing about friends, isn't it." Dabi says, "The more you love them the more it hurts when they go. Allow me to demonstrate, Angel." Dabi runs out the room, closing the door behind him. Y/n chases him but loses him in the crowd of villains and heroes fighting. She flies up to try and find Hawks.

"Hawks! Where the hell are you?!" Y/N yells into her earpiece

No response on Hawks end.

"Fuck!" Y/n shouts, the building starts to slowly fall apart.

"Hawks, I'm coming for you!" Y/n shouts in her earpiece

A villain comes running her way and throws a left hook, she blocks it and punches him in the throat making him fall back to the ground gasping for air.

Y/N flies up onto every floor trying to find Hawks, she spots Tsukuyomi with Dark Shadow plugging up a tunnel to push villains out.

"Tsukuyomi! I need to find Hawks!" Y/N flies down yelling to him, "Dabi is after him!"

"Moonstar! I haven't seen him!"

Y/N flies back up trying to spot him in the crowd. She sees blue flames coming out of a room on one of the top floors, She flies over as fast as she can, running into duplicates of Twice.

"Hawks!" She cries out, she manifests a spear slashing through the duplicates of Twice

"OUTTA MY WAY!" Twice shouted as he creates more of him for YN to fight her way through to get to Hawks

Y/N hears Dabi yell, "YOU KILLED HIM!"

"HAWKS! GET OUT OF THERE!" Y/n shouts from the stairs still slashing through the last of the duplicates of Twice

Y/N sees Dabi stepping on Hawks with his wings on fire.

Y/N tries to avoid the falling debris coming from the building, she flies into the room knocking Dabi away from Hawks.

"Fuck. His wings are ..." Y/N hovers over Hawks trying to protect him from Dabi

"Y/N..." Hawks says weakly

Tsukuyomi flies in with Dark Shadow protecting Hawks back.

"They're dragging students into this mess? How tacky." Dabi says

"Only thing tacky is that attitude of yours" Y/N says, "You ran away from me. Scared you'll lose?"

Dabi scoffs, "That's where you are wrong, Angel. I want you to see what I am going to do to your little boyfriend."

Dabi sends fireballs towards Y/N, She's manifests a shield sending every one of those fireballs out of her way. She runs towards Dabi but he manages to get behind her grabbing her wings and setting the bottom of the feathers on fire. Y/N lets out a yelp, Dark Shadow helps Y/N by stopping the flames from traveling up any farther onto her wings.

"Your man killed this guy." Dabi says to Tsukuyomi, pointing to Twice's body, "He was just running to protect his pals and he got stabbed in the back."

Y/N manifests a kunai knife and throws it into Dabis thigh, the kunai disappearing as soon as it injuries him

Dabi lets out a grunt and falls to the ground, "See, these pros you look up to so much...their hands are dirtier than ours."

"To...ko..yami?" Hawks says weakly,

Dabi gets up from the ground staring at Y/N

"Tsukuyomi, There's no time to lose. You have to get him out of here." Y/N demands, "Dark Shadow can't take the light! Go!"

"But Moonstar, You'll...He'll kill you." Tsukuyomi quavered

Tsukuyomi scoops up Hawks finding a way to leave

"Go!" Moonstar shouts,

"He's trying to buy himself some time...He's powering up." Hawks whispers weakly to Tsukuyomi

Dark Shadow rushes Dabi, knocking him back. Y/N and Tsukuyomi drop down to the next floor, not looking back

"I kinda saw this coming so I made sure to save some gas in the tank." Dabi says, dropping down in front of them. He releases a fire blast towards the 3 of them, Dark Shadow jumps in front of them protecting them. A wall of ice takes Dabi out making his blast shoot above them. Tsukuyomi, and Y/n fly safely away with Hawks.

"Tsukuyomi, There should be medics in the rear guard take Hawks!" Y/N shouts

"What about you Moonstar?" Tsukuyomi asks

"Don't worry about me!" Y/N flies away to try and help the other heroes

"His fucking wings are gone."

Endeavor comms comes through her earpiece though it's not Endeavor, it's Shigaraki "To get to one for all" he says

"One for all?" Y/N mutters, "I can't fight right now. I have to be with Hawks."

"Tsukuyomi! Where is Hawks?" Y/N asks

"They are bandaging him up now." Tsukuyomi says pointing at the tents

"Tokoyami...his wings..." Y/N hesitates, "They're gone...aren't they?"

"Dabi burnt his entire back, I don't think he can get his wings back." Tokoyami says, "We have to wait and see what the medics says."

Y/N crotches down and stares off into the distance seeing the Heroes fight the villains.

"This is war."