Chapter 29: The Aftermath

"Hawks..." Y/N whispers as he is laying on his stomach, on a cot near the medical tents. Y/N runs her fingers through his ash blonde hair.

"Hey baby bird." Hawks whispers in a raspy voice, "How bad is it?"

Y/N continues to rub his head, tears slowly clouding her eyesight.

"Don't let him see you cry."

"Nothing that the No.2 Hero can't handle." Y/n says with a smile,

"Your wings...are burnt."Hawks whispers

"I'm fine, My feathers will grow back." Y/N says, "Hawks, I need you to rest. Don't strain your voice."

"Moonstar." Tsukuyomi says, "Endeavor needs your help."

Y/N leans over to give Hawks a kiss, "I'll come back to you." She says leaning her forehead onto his.

"You better because I'm going to marry you once this is all over." Hawks says with a smile

"That's one hell of a proposal." Y/n says, giving him a kiss on his head, "Tsukuyomi, keep an eye on Hawks."

—---

Y/n flies away to help Endeavor. When she arrives she sees a giant fall to the ground wrapped with fiber.

"Best Jeanist!" Y/N shouts, "Welcome back!"

"It's good to be back!" Best Jeanist says,

Y/n spots Dabi, he has hold of Endeavor's son, Shoto. Deku grabs shoto with his blackwhip quirk out of Dabis arms before he can burn Shoto to ashes.

Gigantica gets back up and breaks the fibers that were binding him.

"HE'S BACK UP!" Y/N yells to Best Jeanist, Y/n starts to manifest rocks to throw at Gigantica to try and knock him out. Suddenly he falls down,

"The sedative must be working!" someone said in the comms

Y/N flies to Deku who looks beat up, "Deku! Are you okay?" She helps him up from the ground. Before he can answer, a huge fire blast takes out deku and Y/N. Deku flies onto the ground and Y/N flies back causing her to hit her head hard onto a brick building.

Everything goes black.

—---

After completing their evacuation and rescue duties all joined forces to stop Shigaraki from escaping. However 7 of them along with Shigaraki managed to flee without a trace.

16,929 villains were caught and 132 villains escaped.

—---

Flashback to when Y/N was 5 years old

"There she is! My baby girl!" A woman with white wings runs up to Y/N, giving her a hug

"Mommy! You found me!" Y/N exclaims, "can I hide again please?"

"Just one more time, okay?" her mother says, "1...2...3"

Little footsteps pitter patter around the house as Y/n tries to find a hiding spot.

"9...10...Ready or not here I come!" her mother shouts,

Her mother searches the rooms looking for her until Y/n hears her footsteps near her bedroom closet. Her mother hears a little giggle coming from there.

"Hmmm, I wonder where Y/n went...is she in here?" her mom checks under the bed, "or is she in here?" She opens the closet to find Y/N.

Y/N giggles, "Mommy! you found me again!"

Her mother hears a knock at the door and shouting

"Y/N, Listen to me. I need you to stay in here and not make a sound. Can you do that for me?" Her mother says

"But Mommy..."

The person at the door is now pounding on it.

"Just listen to me. Do not come out until I come get you."

"Okay."

Her mother gives her a hug and kiss. She closes the closet door and shuts off the lights in Y/N bedroom.

"Was mom crying?" Y/N thinks

Y/N holds her legs close to her chest waiting for her mom. Instead she hears shouting.

"NO Please! I don't have the money right now but I promise I'll have it soon" her mother shouts

"Deadline was last week. You know why the boss sent me," The man says

"Please, I beg you." Her mother says

"Sorry. But I'm not into begging," The man says

Y/N hears a gunshot and the front door closing. She waits an hour before going out to check on her mom.

"Mom?" Y/N yells, She looks over in the kitchen and sees a pool of blood on the ground.

"Mom..." She cries out

Y/N opens her eyes.

—---

Hawks and Best Jeanist drive to the hospital that Y/N is at. Hawks and Y/N were recovering in different hospitals. It's been 3 days since the ambush and Y/N still has finally woken from the fire blast that knocked her out.

"Hawks?" Best Jeanist says waking up Hawks, "Just sleeping? Good. I thought you died on me."

"Sorry I get to sleep and you don't" Hawks says.

Hawks is full of bandages and wears a respirator mask device and communicates with a voice simulator through his phone due to his vocal cords being injured.

"It's fine." Best Jeanist says

"Thanks for driving me to see Y/N." Hawks says, "I haven't seen her since I was at the medical tents and no one will tell me what kind of condition she is in."

"You and Y/N are a thing, correct?"

"Correct. We talked about getting married so I've been wanting to propose to her." Hawks says, "Properly this time."

"Congratulations" Best Jeanist says

They pull up to the hospital and walk into the building together.

"I'm getting butterflies just thinking about her smile."

Best Jeanist and Hawks are stopped by recovery girl, Hawks being too anxious to see her ignores recovery girl and walks to the door, peeking through the door window. Y/N is looking outside the window from her bed. she is hooked up to the IV's, Her head has a bandage on it. Hawks takes off his mask device and opens the door. Y/N turns to look at him. He smiles and he gives her a warm embrace.

"I've missed you baby bird." Hawks says in a raspy voice, He pulls away and looks her into her eyes

"Why does she look confused?"

"I'm sorry...Do I...Do I know you?" Y/N stutters